Top Bar Links

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Top Bar Links

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Top Bar Links

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • tpontius
    Participant

Hello – I’m working on a client site – http://calvetta-brothers.dev-enviornment.site/ and as you can see in the top bar the client has 4 locations with contact information. I need to add links to those locations which will take users to the individual location page.

I’ve read in other threads that this will require installing a child theme. Can you elaborate on this? I have never installed a child theme before.

All the work I’ve done on the site won’t be lost right?

Thanks,

Tanner

Hi Tanner,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

I’ve read in other threads that this will require installing a child theme. Can you elaborate on this? I have never installed a child theme before.

You have to install & activate the child theme the same way as you install any other WordPress theme. You can download it from below topic.

https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/top-bar-setting-add-hyperlinks-to-phone-email-address/#post-2824

All the work I’ve done on the site won’t be lost right?

Yes the site content won’t be lost.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

tpontius
    Participant

I’ve installed the child theme. It looks like I can’t make multiple links in the same info field? I’ve attached screenshots for reference.

It will only allow me to wrap the entire content with an tag so then the entire line of text is a link however that doesn’t help me because we have four locations each with their own location page.

Is there anything that can be done?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You can make it work with Contact Location also for Header 2 and 3 styles by using the attached custom child theme instead of the child theme shared in another topic.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

tpontius
    Participant

Ok I’m going to install this other child theme today – how do I get rid of the child theme I have installed right now though? Will it automatically replace the current child theme or do I need to delete and then install the new child theme?

Thanks,

Tanner

You have to delete your current child theme then install the attached child theme.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)