Translation file after update

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Translation file after update

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Translation file after update

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • sachcontrol
    Participant

Hello,

I saw in your recent update you made changes to the translation .pot-file and now all the translations that I have done are gone.

Do I need to download the jevelin.pot again and start all over with the translation or do I just need to re-upload my .po and .mo files back to the server? Can I also add them to the Child Theme so that I don’t lose them with every update again?

Best regards

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I saw in your recent update you made changes to the translation .pot-file and now all the translations that I have done are gone.

We have added some more strings in the POT file so line numbers of strings got changed.

Do I need to download the jevelin.pot again and start all over with the translation or do I just need to re-upload my .po and .mo files back to the server?

If you don’t want to translate updated strings and are satisfied with old translation then you just need to re-upload my .po and .mo files back to the server.

Can I also add them to the Child Theme so that I don’t lose them with every update again?

Yes you can, Just create a directory languages in your child theme root folder and add translation files in it.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

sachcontrol
    Participant

Do any of the new strings concern the front end of the theme?

Yes for more detailed information you can just compare the old and new theme POT files.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)