Translation issues

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Translation issues

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Translation issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
  • I’m trying to translate (using say what plugin) text on search result page and on portfolio/someCategory` page but it doesn’t work.

    I’ve entered Text domain as jevelin but it seems it cannot be found and translated.

    For more info please tale a look at the screenshot below.

     

     

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

    Hi @Konrud,

     

    I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

     

    If you want to translate search term or category name then it won’t get translated using that plugin as it is dynamic data and not the data from theme.

     

    You can try translating it using below plugin.

     

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/weglot/

     

    Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

    I’ve checked this plugin, unfortunately it’s not suitable for my issue. It only translate when user explicitly changes language using dropdown on the page.

     

    Is there any more simple way for achieving this?

    I mean upload plugin for translating only 2 sentences.

    Could you maybe tell me where these translations reside that I could find and translate them?

    The search term in your shared screenshot “portfolio-page” is entered and searched by user so you can’t translate it.

     

    You can translate the category name someCategory from the admin area where you created it.

     

    Do you want to also translate “Search results for:” and “Portfolio Category:” texts?

    Do you want to also translate “Search results for:” and “Portfolio Category:” texts?

    Yes I do.

    Please try using it in the say what plugin settings as shown in the attached screenshot.

     

    For Portfolio Category try using the text domain as fw

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

    I’ve tried this out, unfortunately, it didn’t help.

    It is working on my test site. Please share me the exact screenshot of how you have used it.

    Please take a look at the screenshot below.

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

    Didn’t it work for you on search results string as shown in my shared screenshot?

     

    For “Portfolio Category:” text try using the settings as shown in the attached screenshot.

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

    Without any text-domain?

    For “Portfolio Category: ” it worked, thanks.

    But as for “Search results for” there are 2 strings for search results page.

    One resides in titlebar.php (the one that I can translate),

    the other “Search results for:” which is shown on breadcrumbs on the search result page (the one that I can’t translate).

    Solution for this topic

    But as for “Search results for” there are 2 strings for search results page.

    One resides in titlebar.php (the one that I can translate),

    the other “Search results for:” which is shown on breadcrumbs on the search result page (the one that I can’t translate).

    I could confirm the issue on my test site therefore notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

     

    The issue will be fixed ASAP.

     

    In the meanwhile you can resolve the issue by using the attached modified child theme of Jevelin theme.

     

     

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

    The issue is fixed in the following latest version of Jevelin theme.

     


    Please login to access this file

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)