Two questions, H1 and page layout

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Two questions, H1 and page layout

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Two questions, H1 and page layout

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • scyllamgmt
    Participant

Hi, I have two questions:

1. Is there a reason why page titles are wrapped in an H2 tag instead of H1? Is there a way to change it to H1?
    2. Is there a setting have all the pages default to a right sidebar layout? I see that you can do that with blog post types in Theme Setting, but I haven’t found this option for pages.

Hi @scyllamgmt,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

Is there a reason why page titles are wrapped in an H2 tag instead of H1?

No there isn’t any specific reason.

Is there a way to change it to H1?

You can change it by overwriting and editing the theme file /jevelin/inc/templates/titlebar.php in the Jevelin child theme.

I have added this feature request in the to do list so that it will be implemented in the future version of theme.

Is there a setting have all the pages default to a right sidebar layout? I see that you can do that with blog post types in Theme Setting, but I haven’t found this option for pages.

For the pages, you have to do this by editing individual page settings as shown in the attached screenshot or you can share me page URL from your site so that i can develop custom CSS code to do this for all the page son your site.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

scyllamgmt
    Participant

Thanks for the fast response! When copying over the titlebar.php to the child theme folder, do I have to recreate the file path to match the parent’s or can I just place it in the root of the child folder?

You have to recreate the file path to match the parent’s.

The feature is added in the following latest version of theme so please update your theme to the latest version.

Please login to access this file

You can update it by either deleting existing theme and then install latest theme version of it or use the following plugin to update the theme.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/

After activating the above plugin just install the downloaded theme on your site.

You won’t lose your site content after updating the theme but for safer side you can take backup of your site before updating the theme.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)