URL field for project

Home Forums Jevelin Theme URL field for project

Home Forums Jevelin Theme URL field for project

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • emailjohna
    Participant

Hopefully this is a very simple question and simple fix? 🙂

I was wanting to use the URL field supplied for the project pages but I need to change the display title of the field. It appears as “URL” and then posts the link supplied. I would like it to read “Back to Portfolio” instead

Is there a simple code to replace the title “URL” with the title of my choice?

Also, is there a way to change the icon displayed? I’d like to swap out the link icon currently used with a backwards arrow

I realize I can do this by adding a custom field but configuring a custom field on hundreds of portfolios represents a lot of extra time so this built in shortcut would be valuable!

Thank you

Hi @emailjohna,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can change the text by using the attached small plugin specially developed for you that contains some custom code.

You can change Icon to the arrow by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.single-fw-portfolio .sh-portfolio-single-info-left i.icon-link:before {
        content: "\e07a";
    }

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

emailjohna
    Participant

Hi! And thank you!

I installed the plugin and the code.

The code works great and changes my icon just as I hoped.

There is an issue with the plugin though. It looks like it replaced several field titles with “back to portfolio.” Since some projects might use the video URL option and more, they need to be clearly marked or there will be confusion about which field is which.

I included a screenshot so you can see the dashboard when the plugin is activated

Attachments:

Then please try using custom plugin attached to this reply deleting the plugin shared above.

Attachments:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)