v2.5 -Child Theme CSS folder not taking priority over other folders

Home Forums Jevelin Theme v2.5 -Child Theme CSS folder not taking priority over other folders

Home Forums Jevelin Theme v2.5 -Child Theme CSS folder not taking priority over other folders

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Gary Fairweather
    Participant

Hi Shufflehound,

We have been using your theme for our http://digitaldynamite.co.za/ website since October and it has been really great for us.

One query I have is when I attempt to update the theme from v2.5.1 to the latest v2.6.1. It changes my header styling from a white background to a transparent background.

Is there a way to prioritize the child themes css folder or alternatively another workaround to ensure my site doesn’t change as I have tried adding the !important rule to the css but it did not work.

I will await your thoughts and feedback.

Best Regards,

Hi Gary,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please update the theme on your shared site so that i can troubleshoot it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Gary Fairweather
    Participant

Hi Shufflehound,

When I tried it with v2.6.1 it removed the header background and wasn’t prioritizing the child theme. Now that I did it with v2.6.3 it seems to have successfully updated.

Files may have incorrectly downloaded or corrupted the first time round but all is sorted now.

Thanks for taking the time to assist.

Gary Fairweather
    Participant

Sorry,

Upon closer inspection the pages such as http://digitaldynamite.co.za/digital-dynamite/ are now transparent where they used to be white bg and dark text.

I am basically trying to have the image header with a dark header and white bg.

Please advise,

Gary Fairweather
    Participant

Nvm I am figuring it out. seems the default header was changed to header 10 and the css was not correctly assigned to it from my previous edits.

Awesome great to see you got that figured out.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)