WpBakery Update

Home Forums Gillion Theme WpBakery Update

Home Forums Gillion Theme WpBakery Update

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • medeaweb
    Participant

Hi there

how to update WpBakery plugin?

Can you provide a purchase code in order to let me update the plugin?

Thanks!

Hi @medeaweb,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You are using the plugin bundled with the theme therefore you are not direct customer of that plugin and can not update that plugin until you purchase it.

Please find more information about it on the following page.

https://wpbakery.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/VC/pages/524313/Update

We update the plugin with every new theme version. In this case you can just delete old plugin version and reinstall latest plugin version bundled with theme.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

sickmint79
    Participant

i have several questions on this.

1. where do i go to find the current version of the gillion theme i have installed?
    2. am i correct to understand gillion themes will show up as needing an update in my admin panel and i can simply update there?
    3. am i correct in understanding that i do not have a direct wpbakery page builder license, but a gillion update will end up patching that plugin up to current once a gillion theme update is released? (ie. no need to manually do any delete as you advised)
    4. also note, at least currently – that URL is not working

@sickmint79 To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

sickmint79
    Participant

since this is for the exact same issue it seemed relevant to this thread?  i came on here because i just saw this happen and had similar questions to the OP and i’m just looking for clarity on your own response.

All your questions are not related to this topic but I will answer them here, Next time please create separate topic and share URL of the topic in it if you want to refer any topic.

where do i go to find the current version of the gillion theme i have installed?

You can find it as described in the following pages.

https://help.themeskingdom.com/knowledge-base/how-to-find-theme-version/

https://wpexplorer-themes.com/total/docs/locate-current-theme-version/

am i correct to understand gillion themes will show up as needing an update in my admin panel and i can simply update there?

Yes if you have installed Envato WordPress Toolkit plugin on your site.

You can also download latest version of theme from the following page.

https://support.shufflehound.com/latest-jevelin-beta-versions/

am i correct in understanding that i do not have a direct wpbakery page builder license, but a gillion update will end up patching that plugin up to current once a gillion theme update is released? (ie. no need to manually do any delete as you advised)

Yes the theme will contain latest plugin version.

also note, at least currently – that URL is not working

Yes I can confirm which seems temporary issue.

sickmint79
    Participant

i just upgraded from 1.4.2 to 1.5; my understanding was that this would change the wpbakery plugin to the latest version as well.  however i’m still getting a wpbakery alert, as i have 5.4.5 installed and it notes 5.4.7 is the latest.  that seems a small update although if there’s anything related to security or performance i’d want it!

Current theme version contains wpbakery plugin version 5.4.5 bundled with theme so the latest plugin version will be updated in the future version of theme releases shortly.

sickmint79
    Participant

i see.  thanks!

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)