Wrong author URL coming from widgets

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Wrong author URL coming from widgets

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Wrong author URL coming from widgets

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • jkloptosky
    Participant

From a post, the author name is linked as /library/author/<id>, which is a valid page of posts by that author.

From a widget (e.g. side bar widget, footer widget), the author name is linked as /author/<id>, which is not a valid page and results in a 404.

I’ve provided a URL in the private field which reflects all 3 examples on one page.

Hi @jkloptosky,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I can see on your shared page some URLs such as posts, projects & category contains library work in its URL but pages don’t contain it.

How have you added that word in URL which seems to cause the issue?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

jkloptosky
    Participant

This is set up in the permalinks section. See attached. I’m not sure where the author base is coming from, but the page I set you to shows it being handled two different ways.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

I could confirm the issue on my test site, therefore, I notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

In the meanwhile, you can try resolving the issue by changing the below code added in the theme file /jevelin/inc/widgets/recent-posts/views/widget.php on line number 69

author/<?php the_author_meta('user_login'); ?>" class="post-meta-author">

Solution for this topic

The issue is resolved in the below latest version of theme so please update the theme as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

jkloptosky
    Participant

Confirmed, this appears to have been resolved. Thanks!

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)