Add color gradient to WPBakery background

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Add color gradient to WPBakery background

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Add color gradient to WPBakery background

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • cagross
    Participant

I am trying to add a background color gradient to my WPBakery row, per these instructions.  The instructions indicate there should be a “Use gradient overlay” toggle.  But I do not see that (see attached screenshot)  What am I misunderstanding?

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @cagross,

Thank you for your question.

It seems this is a paid addon as described in the below page.

https://wpbakery.com/addons/gradient-background/

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

cagross
    Participant

>> It seems this is a paid addon

Maybe I’m missing it, but the page I linked (page here) does not mention anything about a plugin.  It says,

>> Every element in Visual Composer has a custom background option that can be applied via Design Options. For container type elements, CSS gradient background is available.

What am I misunderstanding?

Thanks.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by cagross.

I am not sure why it is written so on that page.

Could you please directly contact WPBakery team to know it?

cagross
    Participant

Well, can I? Does my theme license grant me access to WPBakery support? If not, then how can I contact them?

cagross
    Participant

As I understand, it is you that has access to WPBakery support, not me. Maybe I am misunderstanding though.

We have already answered you above that you need to get below addon.

https://wpbakery.com/addons/gradient-background/

If you want to contact them then you need to purchase the license as the wpbakery plugin bundled with the theme only provides basic functionality required in the theme and we don’t commit to provide all of its functionality.

cagross
    Participant

>> we don’t commit to provide all of its functionality.

This is the first I am hearing about this. Can you please show me where this is stipulated? I was under the impression I would be receiving everything Visual Composer/WPBakery has to offer. Your ThemeForest page says as much–it makes no reference of disabling certain features.

cagross
    Participant

I read that page. I don’t see any reference that the the WPBakery bundled with my theme may have limited functionality. If I have overlooked it, please point it out.

We are selling Jevelin theme and not WPBakery or any other plugin. It is provided bundled with the theme and it is complimentary so we don’t need to provide any explanation about plugin functionality.

If you want to use those plugins paid add-ons then you can buy them.

cagross
    Participant

>> We are selling Jevelin theme and not WPBakery or any other plugin. It is provided bundled with the theme and it is complimentary so we don’t need to provide any explanation about plugin functionality

You have promised customers that the theme contains the WPBakery plugin. We purchased the Jevelin theme based on the promise that we would have access to WPBakery and all of its features. Now, after purchase, you are saying that we only have access to a limited version of WPBakery. I personally feel that is a bit misleading and unfair. You really need to make that clear to customers before they purchase. But I guess you’re saying there’s nothing I can do about it at this time.

It seems you are misunderstanding here.

I try to explain it in short and I am sure you understand it.

You are trying to use gradient color feature but it is a functionality provided by paid wpbakery add-on and we can’t purchase every wpbakery add-ons to provide theme users and we didn’t promise it.

We promise to provide wpbakery plugin free of charge to theme users and that we are providing it.

We make sure that the wpbakery plugin is compatible with the theme and works fine with it. If anybody finds any compatibility issue with it then we provide support to resolve it but other than that we don’t provide any support to the questions related to wpbakery that users can ask directly to wpbakery by purchasing it.

cagross
    Participant

>> It seems you are misunderstanding here.
    >> You are trying to use gradient color feature but it is a functionality provided by paid wpbakery add-on

It is indeed this that is causing the confusion. You are saying that the feature is from a plugin. But I am saying the feature is part of core WPBakery.  The basis for that is that this WPBakery documentation page indicates that this is a CORE feature of WPBakery:

“Every element in Visual Composer has a custom background option that can be applied via Design Options.”

“CSS gradient background is available in container type elements Design Options, navigate to ‘Use gradient overlay’ toggle and enable it to select gradient colors. In addition, it is also possible to select a gradient style and angle.”

Where on that page does it indicate, “This is a feature provided only by an add-on plugin?”  If I have missed it, please point it out.  This is the hurdle that you and I need to get over.

Ok then to find out this, could you please contact WPBakery using form provided on the below page that doesn’t need you to but the plugin?

https://visualcomposer.com/contacts/

cagross
    Participant

OK using that form I’ve asked WPBakery pre-sales support if this is a core feature or not. I’ll let you know what they say. But it seems to me that I’ve already proven that–don’t you think the documentation page is good evidence? Can I ask why you say this is *not* a core WPBakery feature? I’m not arguing with you, you could be right–maybe I’m looking at deprecated WPBakery documentation or something. PerhapsBut I just want to know your rationale.

Thanks.

cagross
    Participant

Solution for this topic

OK Visual Composer support replied. The issue lies in the fact that WPBakery and Visual Composer do not have all of the same features. I was under the impression they were identical in that respect, but I guess not. So the color gradient is a core feature of Visual Composer, but not WPBakery. Sheesh. OK then, good to know for the future. My mistake for assuming the two were identical.

That is sufficient enough for me to call this resolved and implement a custom CSS solution. Thanks for being patient on that.

Thank you for sharing the solution here that will also help other users.

Your help here is really appreciated.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)