Blog Post Categories

Home Forums Gillion Theme Blog Post Categories

Home Forums Gillion Theme Blog Post Categories

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
  • Hello,

    i have on front page the “blog posts categories” with style 2. Every category with latin characters show correctly. The rest of categories that have greek characters dont show at all.

    Please this is quite urgent.

    Thank you in advance.

    Hi @panosjules,

     

    I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

     

    Could you please share the screenshot of the section where you are having the issue?

     

    Also please tell me how you want that section to display content.

     

    Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will bee able see it.”?

     

    Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

    Please check it out. Thank you

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

    I could confirm the issue on your site but it seems you are using older version of theme on your site so please update your theme to the below latest version.

     


    Please login to access this file

     

    If the issue still persists then Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will bee able see it.”?

    I downloaded and install the update but still the same problem

    Hello,

    did you manage to find anything about the issue?

    Thank you

    I logged in to your site and troubleshooted the issue.

     

    For those categories instead of category name please use category slug as shown in the attached screenshots.

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

    That is not the solution. I did that trick myself, thats how i found that english characters display correctly. If i change slug to Greek language then i will have again the same problem. I cannot use only latin characters.

    Please this has to be resolved. Maybe with a modification of the “blog-posts-categories.php” element code we can place slug but display the category name instead of the slug name.

    Thank you

    I have already notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

     

    The issue will be fixed ASAP.

    Hi,

    did you manage to solve the problem?

    Thanks

    Not yet. We will notify you here after resolving it.

    The issue is fixed in the following latest version of theme so please update your theme to the latest version.


    Please login to access this file

     

    You can update it by either deleting existing theme and then install latest theme version of it or use the following plugin to update the theme.

     

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/

     

    After activating the above plugin just install the downloaded theme on your site.

     

    You won’t lose your site content after updating the theme but for safer side you can take backup of your site before updating the theme.

    After installing the latest version, the problem with the greek came back.

    Please this has to be solved immediatelly since website is ready to be launched!

    Thank you

    I have notified the developer to troubleshoot and fix it ASAP.

    It seems this is not working on your site because your category name and slugs are different as shown in the first attached screenshot.

     

    To make it work please make them same as shown in the second attached screenshot.

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

    Hello,

    i did what you proposed but is not working. You had fixed the bug in previous updates but now with the latest update it came back.

    The problem is when you have non-latin characters like Greek in the current situation. If i place the slug with latin characters it works, if i place greek characters on slug or name then it does not show anything.

    Thank you

    On further testing it seems sometime the category name and slug can’t be same. For example the category name Συνεντεύξεις gets saved as synentefkseis which caused the issue.

    We are faxing this issue.

    I still dont have any resolution. Please this is extremelly urgent since website has to be published in 1 or 2 days!.

    Thank you

    We have resolved the issue in the following theme version so please try using it.

     


    Please login to access this file

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)