Cache issue?

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Cache issue?

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Cache issue?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
  • dalkat
    Participant

I’ve been using a plugin called Airpress to pull data from Airtable, but since updating to Redux, it’s not been pulling the data. It seems like it’s been cached permanently, as it’s only displaying old data.

Help?

dalkat
    Participant

Update: it’s pulling up on Brave but not Firefox or Safari.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Can you please let us know if that is working in the Google Chrome browser?

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

dalkat
    Participant

I don’t have chrome so can’t check. But I was wrong it seems to be an issue for almost every browser. The data takes about 12 hours to pull from airtable and display front end.

why might this be?

dalkat
    Participant

Help please this is urgent. This issue started after the Redux migration. Please help asap.

also if i use wpbakery, does that mean I can delete redux?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by dalkat.

dalkat
    Participant

Still waiting on a reply please

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Sorry for our late response here.

We just did some testing and it seems it now shows entries with a date you specified and we can even see newer entries. Does it mean that the issue is fixed?

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

dalkat
    Participant

Hi there,

No, the issue is that there is a 12 hour delay. If I show you a page, you’d have to view it within 12 hours in order to see the problem.

For some reason, all changes in the database are taking 12 hours to display front-end, and we didn’t have this problem before the Redux migration. The plugin airpress didn’t seem to have issues before.

Can you help us resolve it? It’s been a week now.

dalkat
    Participant

I have included a test page for you to try adding a message to test the cache issue. The message should appear within 2-3 minutes but is instead appearing only after 12 hours.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

We did some testing, but couldn’t find any issues.

Maybe you have a PHP log file with some recent theme-related issues?

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

dalkat
    Participant

What testing did you do? Did you try adding a message on the test link I shared and saw that it doesn’t show up for 12 hours?

And where do you want me to find the log file?

This is a CRITICAL issue for us – appreciate your fast reply!

Shufflehound

Yes, we saw that there is some kind of update issue with your plugin, but we couldn’t see any issues with our theme.

Depending on your setup, it could be available in your website hosting or if enabled inside your wp-content folder.

dalkat
    Participant

Can you please help me find a solution? We didn’t have any problem until the Redux migration, so I am convinced that there was an issue tied to the theme. I’m unable to solve it myself and can really use the Shufflehound team’s help.

Shufflehound

We can understand that, but at the moment we don’t have any clues about what could cause it.

Can you please switch to a standard WordPress theme and test it then? Also if you disable the Redux framework does the issue go away?

dalkat
    Participant

I noticed that when I’m logged in as admin, there is no cache issue.

I tried switching to standard and it was still having cache delays. I put more troubleshooting steps in the private section.

dalkat
    Participant

Still awaiting reply

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Sorry for our late response.

So just to understand it correctly when you mentioned that when you switched to the standard you meant the standard theme? If so, did your website also have issues when switching to the standard theme and disabling the Redux framework? We just want to make sure that the issue is related to our theme.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

dalkat
    Participant

So it’s a live website so I can’t test it again without interrupting our users experience, but I will try to late at night when no one is online.

Otherwise, do you want to try duplicating our site like last time and testing it on the duplicate dummy site? Let me know and I’ll share the login.

All I know is that this began once I updated the theme and migrated to Redux.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Did you manage to test it when there are fewer visitors online?

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

dalkat
    Participant

I actually troubleshooted a different way – I uninstalled redux and added back in unyson, though I had to hide the WordPress development errors/ warnings that were showing up at the top of the screen as a result of unyson through a PHP code.

I found the cache issue was no longer a problem once I did that, which confirms that redux was the issue, although I still cannot identify why it may have been causing issues with caching for non-logged in users.

I will eventually have to switch back to redux, but can you help me understand why this issue was occurring and if there’s anything that can be done to prevent it?

I wasn’t able to troubleshoot using the generic WordPress theme and redux as you suggested because our site is live and we didn’t feel comfortable taking it off-line for testing. However if you want to migrate our site to a test site so that your team can troubleshoot then I would be happy to share access.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)