Customizing Blog Post Page

Home Forums Gillion Theme Customizing Blog Post Page

Home Forums Gillion Theme Customizing Blog Post Page

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • services_yuuall
    Participant

I would like to make the following changes:

• (1) Link ‘Home’ to a specific URL
    • (2) Remove either the category from the navigation path or remove the navigation path in the head at all
    • (3) Remove the category from above the title

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Dominik

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Dominik,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

(1) Link ‘Home’ to a specific URL

You can create a custom link in the menu to achieve this as described below.

https://easywpguide.com/wordpress-manual/appearance/updating-the-menu/adding-a-custom-link-menu-item/

(2) Remove either the category from the navigation path or remove the navigation path in the head at all
    (3) Remove the category from above the title

Could you please share the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that I can help you?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

services_yuuall
    Participant

Please find the link in the private information field.

Solution for this topic

You can achieve it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.single-post .post-item-single-container .post-categories-container,
    .single-post #breadcrumbs span.item-cat,
    .single-post #breadcrumbs span.item-cat + .separator {
        display: none;
    }

services_yuuall
    Participant

Inside the existing body { } section or by replacing it?

services_yuuall
    Participant

I have added the code to the Custom CSS Code section. Now the category in the navigation has gone – great!

When I would like to remove the navigation element in the titlebar completely, then I have to switch off breadcrumbs, right? Can I change the URL where the ‘Home’ link (see attachment) is pointing to?

Attachments:

When I would like to remove the navigation element in the titlebar completely, then I have to switch off breadcrumbs, right?

Yes, you are right.

Can I change the URL where the ‘Home’ link (see attachment) is pointing to?

To change this, you have to develop custom code in the child theme of the Gillion theme.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here. Please see https://themeforest.net/item/gillion-multiconcept-blogmagazine-theme/19470306/support

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

services_yuuall
    Participant

Thanks for your reply! I choose the easier way and the remove the breadcrumps. Case closed.

You are most welcome here 🙂

services_yuuall
    Participant

One additional question: How can I edit the link target of the logo top left (see attached screenshot)?

Attachments:

It links to home page but If you want to change the link then you have to develop a custom code.

services_yuuall
    Participant

ok, and a home page can probably only be within the same WP context, so to say.

services_yuuall
    Participant

What does “develop a custom code” mean? Can it be done by editing the CSS code of the theme?

No, you have to develop PHP code and change the code in the theme template files.

services_yuuall
    Participant

Thanks for letting me know. Case closed.

You are always welcome here 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)