Demo import deleted all posts

Home Forums Gillion Theme Demo import deleted all posts

Home Forums Gillion Theme Demo import deleted all posts

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • gregy1403
    Participant

Luckly, I’m working on test domain, but basic import deleted all previuosly published posts, custom fields (ACF) are gone, images in library are gone, pages, auto poster account .. everything .. looks like clean install :(((

Any idea

gregy1403
    Participant

Reinstalled .. activated Gillian – now, how to get “creative – Home4” running without demo install? If I install demo, all my posts and plugin settings will be gone …

gregy1403
    Participant

Still don’t get this “system”

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

gregy1403
    Participant

Other elements?

Attachments:

gregy1403
    Participant

I don’t know 🙁 After playing around for 2 hours, i found this theme unusable. Please convince me opposite:

• Demo import deletes everything – plugin settings, pages, posts, ACF
    • Images are not showing all over WP installation
    • Theme settings (styling) is not working – cannot click anything – pure text

I was so looking forward of this theme, but now i’m very dissapointed.

This is the first theme ( i installed 100+ of them) that deletes everything 🙁 with demo import

Please give me some straight answers, otherwise i would ask for a refund.

Thank you for understanding

P.s. using latest 1.3.2.1 and copied WP from working domain with copied DB

Hi @gregy1403,

Thank you for your questions and sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

Demo import deletes everything – plugin settings, pages, posts, ACF

It seems you have confused between “Demo Content Install” and “Import Demo Data” functionalities which are different as shown in the attached screenshots.

The “Demo Content Install” is a legacy functionality that overwrites & deletes existing site data but the “Import Demo Data” does not do this and preserves existing data.

You can test it by creating test data and importing demo data using “Import Demo Data” method.

Luckly, I’m working on test domain, but basic import deleted all previuosly published posts, custom fields (ACF) are gone, images in library are gone, pages, auto poster account .. everything .. looks like clean install

If you have backup of your site then you can restore it to get your old data.

Reinstalled .. activated Gillian – now, how to get “creative – Home4” running without demo install? If I install demo, all my posts and plugin settings will be gone …

You can insert Basic demo data using “Import Demo Data” method that contains Home 4 page. If you have concerns about demo data then you can import it first on different demo site.

Other elements?

Please make sure you have activated Gillion theme on your site and not just installed it.

Images are not showing all over WP installation

Do you mean you have uploaded the images but they are not displaying in the admin area or the front end of the site?

Is it displaying fine for you using any default WordPress theme like Twenty Seventeen?

Please advise.

Theme settings (styling) is not working – cannot click anything – pure text

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

If it is not plugin conflict then would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will bee able see it.”?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:

gregy1403
    Participant

Thank you very much for prompt answers. I’ll give it a try with “Import demo content” (yes, i was confused with these two features 🙂 )

One more thing. From previus theme, I’m running VC 5.0.1 and your theme requires newer. When i click on update nothing happens .. no error and also not updated VC.

Attachments:

One more thing. From previus theme, I’m running VC 5.0.1 and your theme requires newer. When i click on update nothing happens .. no error and also not updated VC.

Just delete the current version and then reintsall it.

gregy1403
    Participant

So i deleted previous version and reinstall. Before i had WP Bakery Visual Composer and now i have WP Bakery Page Builder (i guess new name) without any elements. I cannot edit Blog Slider ..

Attachments:

Please make sure you have activated Gillion theme on your site and not just installed it.

If the issue persists then would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will bee able see it.”?

gregy1403
    Participant

Yes theme is activated. Access info below.

Thank you

P.s. this is production site .. we are switching from Newsmag -> cele.si

gregy1403
    Participant

Hi

Did you managed to take a look at our VC?

Yes i could confirm the issue on your shared site but couldn’t reproduce it on my test site.

I can see you are using many plugins on your site so that this can be plugin conflict issue so could you please try temporary deactivating all plugins except Visual Composer plugin and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any?

gregy1403
    Participant

same story 🙁

I noticed something. When i open page (any) i get two black screens almost over whole display – for half of second .. Console shows no error .. at the moment there is only VC enabled

Solution for this topic

You had disabled the Elements in the page builder settings which i enabled now as shown in the attached screenshot and confirmed all the elements are displaying fine now.

Could you please confirm whether it is working fine for you now?

Attachments:

gregy1403
    Participant

huh .. that was well hidden 🙂

Thank you very much for your help!

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)