Deprecated or not found plugins

Home Forums Gillion Theme Deprecated or not found plugins

Home Forums Gillion Theme Deprecated or not found plugins

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • sdsideal
    Participant

Hello, your theme required a few deprecated or not-found plugins, and I have not found a way to configure and activate the Mega Menu that you show in the demos.

I loaded this template, “Creative Slider”, and the slider doesn’t work like in your demo. What do I have to do? In your forum, I found somebody who says I have to install a special plugin, but that plugin does not appear in the repository. Please give me some directions…

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Shufflehound

Hello,

If you’re using the Redux framework plugin, you should be able to activate the “Use as Mega Menu” option for menus under Appearance > Menus where you wish to enable the mega menu.

Let us know if that helps!

Best regards,

Shufflehound Team

sdsideal
    Participant

Hi there,

Thanks for your response!

I found a way to install another plugin for the main slider (smart slider) and for the mega menu (max mega menu), because the ones you included don’t work or require additional payments to function like you show in your demos, and I think these new ones are good enough for my purposes and do not require paying more!

But now I have more problems:
    – When I loaded the base template, “Creative Slider”, the Facebook’s widget was working fine, but suddenly stop working and shows some CORS error in the console and stopped working as it was supposed to do.
    – The Instagram’s widget at the footer top never showed nothing.

Could you please help me solve this?

Take a look at the attachments… Thanks!

Attachments:

sdsideal
    Participant

Let me send you more screenshots…

If I load more than one template, would that be a problem? Cause damage to the theme?

The widget for Instagram (Highlights) in the screenshot is like corrupted; it doesn’t matter if I delete it or change it; it always reappears with the settings from the first time I edited it.

If I delete the theme and reinstall it, will I lose information or break something?

Thanks again!

Attachments:

Shufflehound

Hi there,

We didn’t address your question about outdated plugins earlier. Yes, there might be some deprecated plugins, but those are only for legacy theme users and are not required for new users of the theme. An example is the Unyson framework, which was our main framework plugin for a long time. Since it’s no longer being updated, we’ve moved to using the Redux framework. However, we’ve kept Unyson available for those who haven’t switched to Redux, as it might be handy in certain cases.

None of the plugins included with our theme require any kind of payment, as they are covered by our extended theme licenses. It seems you are referring to the Slider Revolution plugin, which can be used without any additional cost. Some features, such as plugin updates, may not be available, but we provide it through the theme updates.

Regarding the mega menu, we double-checked, and it’s working fine for us. Under Appearance > Menus, you can activate “Use as Mega Menu” for the first-level navigation items, and the mega menu should appear. Just make sure you’ve turned on the option to display blog posts.

We recently checked the Facebook widget, and it was working fine. Just double-check that you’re entering the correct Facebook username. If your Facebook page is https://facebook.com/myusername, then you should enter “myusername” in the widget settings.

We’re aware of a glitch with the Instagram feed and currently recommend using a different plugin as a workaround, due to changes on Instagram’s end.

If you’re looking to reinstall the demo content, you should be fine, but it’s always a good idea to back up your work, just to be safe.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Shufflehound.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Shufflehound.
    Attachments:

sdsideal
    Participant

Hello Shufflehound team,

Thank you very much for your response!

I apologize for my frustration with your theme. I realized that I did not understand how it worked until now. I deleted everything and started again, step by step, and this time everything seems more stable and coherent, and indeed, as you clarified before, the mega menu works and the slider is configurable in the Elementor editor.

So, appreciate your help, and thanks again for your follow-up.

Best wishes,

Enrique

Shufflehound

Thank you! That is understandable and we are glad to have clarified things. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)