Disable Lightbox (Lightcase)

Home Forums Gillion Theme Disable Lightbox (Lightcase)

Home Forums Gillion Theme Disable Lightbox (Lightcase)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • lushcreative
    Participant

Hi,

I have a client that would like to use a lightbox plugin instead of the one built-in to the theme to add functionality to her lightbox. But now, when you click on an image, the new lightbox shows up, and when you close that lightbox, the theme’s lightbox is displaying below it. Is there a way I can deactivate just the Lightcase lightbox that is included in the theme?

Thanks!

Solution for this topic

Hi @lushcreative,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can disable theme lightbox by using the attached custom child theme of Gillion theme that contains some custom code.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

lushcreative
    Participant

Thank you!

You are most welcome here 🙂

hakorel
    Participant

Is this solution still good? I want to disable lightbox module also. Can you give more detail on how to use child file?

Thanks!

@hakorel It seems you are not using any child theme on your shared site so just download the shared child theme and install & activate it on your site to disable default theme lightbox.

hakorel
    Participant

Ok so i understand that from now on i will use the child theme as primary. and when new updates arrive only update the child file?

Thanks,

@hakorel The child theme doesn’t have any automatic updates, only parents themes have automatic updates.

You can find more information about this on the following page.

http://freewptp.com/why-and-how-to-create-wordpress-child-theme/

hakorel
    Participant

So i downloaded the latest update, deactivated gillion child theme by selecting another one like Seventeen. Then i erased gillion theme and uploaded the latest version, and activated child theme again. Seems like it works. Havent noticed something weird.

Thanks!

You are always welcome here 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)