"Edit Post" button in admin bar is gone

Home Forums Gillion Theme "Edit Post" button in admin bar is gone

Home Forums Gillion Theme "Edit Post" button in admin bar is gone

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • irahat
    Participant

There used to be an edit post button in admin bar for each individual blog post but now the button has disappeared. I’ve searched in a few forums and everyone said that its a theme related issue or bug. Can you please tell me how I can restore the edit post button? Going to dashboard and posts for editing each post is really annoying.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

irahat
    Participant

Update: 
    I have identified the problem. The gillion theme changes the default “Posts” name to “Blog Posts”. That is why default admin bar is not recognizing the posts as posts, they are considered as custom posts. Check my screenshots, you will understand.
    It is indeed caused by Gillion theme and we need your support to fix it.

Attachments:

Hi @irahat,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I have tested it on my test site and it’s working fine for me using below latest version of Gillion theme as displayed in the attached screenshot.

Please login to access this file

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

If it is not plugin conflict then Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will be able see it.”?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:

irahat
    Participant

It was indeed caused by a plugin, whenever I activate the “Slider Revolution” plugin the edit posts and page button disappear. But “Slider Revolution” came as a bundle with the Gillion theme and I really want to use it for our about and  contact page. Can you please take a look if its possible to bring the edit post button while keeping the Slider Revolution plugin active? Feel free to log in

Solution for this topic

It is working fine on my test site using Slider Revolution plugin so not sure why it is not working on your site.

I have resolved it on your shared site by using attached custom plugin .

Could you please confirm it?

Attachments:

irahat
    Participant

Thank you so much, its been solved. Each post now have an edit button.

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)