Enable Visual Composer and Child Theme Installation

Home Forums Gillion Theme Enable Visual Composer and Child Theme Installation

Home Forums Gillion Theme Enable Visual Composer and Child Theme Installation

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • quincylun
    Participant

I have installed both the gillion.zip and gillion-child.zip and activated the Child one. How do I use the visual composer and is there a gallery slider option in a post if I have multiple images to show in 1 frame?

Hi @quincylun,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

How do I use the visual composer

First install all the theme recommended plugins on your site then you will get visual composer option in the post / page edit screen.

and is there a gallery slider option in a post if I have multiple images to show in 1 frame?

Yes

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

quincylun
    Participant

Would you mind sending a screenshot or a screen-recording? I couldn’t locate the option. I will try reinstalling now

quincylun
    Participant

I have found it with the name “WPBakery Page Builder”.

How do I adjust the followings in the screenshot?

1. Page width
    2. Column Width

And how/ where can I:

1. Shrink the whole block so I can fit 2 of them in the same row
    2. Add a post and make it appear on which part of the homepage?

How do I adjust the followings in the screenshot?

It seems you missed to attach screenshots so could you please share me the screenshots of it and also share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that i can help you?

quincylun
    Participant

I haven’t changed anything from my site yet so it’s still as same as the demo.

Please see attachments for adjusting Page Width and Column Width.

So to summerise the previous questions and a few extras:

1. How to adjust the page/ column width being displayed
    2. How to make the custom posts appear on any part of the front page/ Is there a way to auto-update new posts to the preset gompage
    3. How to add multiple columns in a row (can I customise rather than choosing from the presets as shown in attachment “Multiple Columns”?
    4. Is there a list of display blocks with different styles (attachment “Display Styles”) that includes where we can find/ add them (names + visuals, e.g. Hot Topics)?
    5. Where to change the header, logos and anything in this type of category?
    6. What would be the best workflow to customise the website? I have the posts ready and I already know what kind of blocks do I want to use.
    7. What kind of post styles do I have and where can I find them?
    8. I am gonna embed a few Playbuzz posts on the website, can they still be shown on the homepage?
    9. Are there like tutorials/ directories for the usage of componants/ blocks? I just don’t know what they are called and where I can locate them mainly.

Thanks a lot!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

The theme only supports WPBakery Page Builder( formerly known as Visual Composer ) plugin and we don’t know all the features and functionality that it supports so you can get it from plugin documentation as described in the following pages.

https://wpbakery.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/VC/pages/524303/Getting+Started

https://wpbakery.com/faq/

https://wpbakery.com/video-academy/wpbakery-page-builder-tutorial-for-beginners/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)