Featured image captions on single posts

Home Forums Gillion Theme Featured image captions on single posts

Home Forums Gillion Theme Featured image captions on single posts

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • Ollie
    Participant

Hello! First of all, I want to say how excellent this theme is. We are very happy customers, thank you.

I would like to force captions to appear beneath featured images on single posts โ€“ in other words, always show the caption beneath the featured image on every blog post, but never show the caption on indexes.

Here is an example page:
    https://cabinradio.ca/report-tells-city-to-stick-with-yellowknife-river-for-water/

I would like the featured image’s caption to appear directly beneath the image and above the “Environment, Yellowknife” tags. Same for all such pages on our site. Can that be done?

Thank you! — Ollie

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Thank you for your question.

This seems like a good idea, but can you please confirm that we understood it right – you want to show image captions (or image names) directly bellow images as it isn’t shown anywhere at this moment? (notice that it would correctly work only for pages, where gallery isn’t activated)

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

Ollie
    Participant

Hello! Yes, this is purely for the Featured Image on any individual blog post. I want to show the image caption associated with the Featured Image, which currently isn’t shown anywhere. Thanks!

Shufflehound

Thank you, we added this to our to-do list and we will let you know when this feature will be added. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ollie
    Participant

That’s fantastic, thanks for the support.

Shufflehound

This feature have been added to the latest theme version bellow,ย so please update your theme. There will be a new options in Theme Settings > Blog.

Please login to access this file

You can update it by either deleting existing theme and then install latest theme version of it or use the following plugin to update the theme. https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/

After activating the above plugin just install the downloaded theme on your site.

You wonโ€™t lose your site content after updating the theme but for safer side you can take backup of your site before updating the theme.

Ollie
    Participant

That worked perfectly. I’m so grateful. My last question is how do I style the caption text?

Shufflehound

Nice to hear that. ๐Ÿ™‚

At the moment there isn’t any planned styling options regarding to this feature, but how would you like to change it?

Ollie
    Participant

Oh, it would just be nice to know which CSS styles I need to tweak to alter the font, colour etc. But it’s not a big deal as the default is actually working nicely.

Shufflehound

Nice to hear that, we will close this topic for now. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)