Featured Image Size

Home Forums Gillion Theme Featured Image Size

Home Forums Gillion Theme Featured Image Size

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • zimmo
    Participant

We set our images based on video 16:9 ratio, so the size of the featured image we upload to blog posts is: 1280 x 720 or sometimes 1920 x 1080 however the thumbnail it generates on the post page is getting cropped.

When I use the google inspector, I can see that the size of these thumbnails is 420 x 265 so it ends up cropped the edges off the image.

We need these images to be cropped based on the size of the upload and not cropped so it cuts off the text on the image.

How do we achieve this? as I cannot find any setting to keep the aspect ratio of the upload for the thumbnail.

Many thanks

Barry

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Would you mind pointing out the specific spots you’re looking to change? If it’s easier, feel free to send a link or even a screenshot.

In some places it might be embedded inside the theme, so you would need to modify the theme files. But we could help with that if needed.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

zimmo
    Participant

Hi again,

I completely forgot to reply to this, and noticed you had sent a reply (only jogged my memory when I am today making changes and this problem is still here).

The posts we are looking to change are all of them inside the blog posts. All of our blog posts relate to videos and we use a featured image picture at the 16:9 ratio but would like it that they are not cropped so the box works about that ratio for images across the site.

What do we need to change?

You can see this on this page for example:

https://www.matchfocus.co.uk/videos/match-focus/live-streams/

Shufflehound

Hi there,

You might want to try changing the “Blog Style” option to one of the Masonry options. You can find this under the Gillion Settings (located in the top bar), specifically within the Blog tab.

Let us know if this helps! 🙂

Best regards,

Shufflehound Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)