Inode Usage - which files can safely be deleted?

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Inode Usage – which files can safely be deleted?

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Inode Usage – which files can safely be deleted?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • VandyM
    Participant

I’ve just been told by my hosting company that my website exceeds their new inode usage limits. I didn’t even know inode usage was a thing, to be honest – I am not that technical.

I’ve looked through the files in an ftp service but to be honest, aside from a few unused plugins I can’s see what else I could safely delete because I don’t know which files and folders are required.

I have a relatively small site: 500 images, 58 blog posts and about 50 woo commerce products (perhaps fewer) and 20 pages. This is not a big website – and yet I am being told there are 238,000 files and folders. How?

I pay for a sucuri service and the site gets scanned every 12 hours so it is unlikely to be hacked – although not impossible. I did notice that when I look in the ftp client, every image has at least 4 versions – all of different sizes and of course, I only use one size. I guess I could laboriously go through each image, work out which size is being used and delete the rest.

Any better ideas or insights would be very gratefully accepted. I am at a loss and will lose my website if I can’t resolve this before the migration at the end of August.

Hi @VandyM,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The below plugin helps to regenerate thumbnails and It also offers the ability to delete old, unused thumbnails in order to free up server space so you can try using it.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

VandyM
    Participant

Solution for this topic

Many thanks for the suggestion. It turns out that over 230,000 session files had been created in the TMP folder. They have now been cleared.

Awesome great to see you got that resolved.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)