Inserting simple call-out box

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Inserting simple call-out box

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Inserting simple call-out box

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • rachelmball
    Participant

Getting super frustrated with trying plugins to create a simple call-out at the top of my blog posts (like this: https://www.savorylotus.com/30-minute-turkey-meatball-kale-soup/). An example blog post that I want to create it for is here: freshplanetflavor.com/egg-stuffed-avocado-ole/. Is there something in the theme itself I can use? Perhaps add a little icon in there to attract more attention visually, too?

Hi @rachelmball,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The shared site is displaying broken for me  as shown in the attached screenshot so not sure what you are referring as call-out box on that site.

Do you mean the ad displayed on the top?

Could you please share the screenshot of it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

rachelmball
    Participant

Here’s what I mean…

Attachments:

I don’t think there is any ready made plugin to achieve it but you can add the text content element in the top of post content area to achieve this.

rachelmball
    Participant

The problem is that I don’t know how to insert content elements into blog posts. They might be hidden somehow? This is what the top of my posts look like, maybe I am looking in the wrong place for the content elements?

Attachments:

You have to enable it in the page builder settings and then use it post editor visual page builder mode as shown in the attached screenshots.

Attachments:

rachelmball
    Participant

Okay, I followed your instructions and enabled page builder on my blog posts. When I try to add elements, however, it wipes out my blog post content. Replaces the blog post with just a text box with one line of lorem ipsum. How do I add additional page elements to an existing blog post?

You have to copy and add your existing blog post content in to text content element of page builder.

rachelmball
    Participant

Okay, I did that but now I don’t understand why there’s weirdly so much white space above and below my first text box.

Attachments:

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where the page is displaying so that i can troubleshoot it?

You can remove that white space by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

section.sh-section-1f5e00761c4d0ee2a2656dc096b9f185 {
        padding: 10px 0px 100px 0px;
    }

section.sh-section-1f5e00761c4d0ee2a2656dc096b9f185 #divider-fc7c80ac54c127fc3b25fc85003671f0 {
        margin: 0 0px 30px 0px!important;
    }

rachelmball
    Participant

That doesn’t fix it.

Now that is not working on your site because id of section is getting changed, may be because removing or adding the sections.

You can remove the padding from that section by editing it as shown in the attached screenshot.

Attachments:

rachelmball
    Participant

Fixed when I put all page elements in a section box with no padding. Thanks!

Shufflehound

Nice to hear that. 🙂

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)