Modification of author page

Home Forums Gillion Theme Modification of author page

Home Forums Gillion Theme Modification of author page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • Neroblock
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to modify the author page so as to show the author information before showing the posts of the author.

Basically, I want to thansfer the author box that shows at the bottom of each post to the author page since I do not want to appear in every post.

By author page I mean the following url mydomain.com/author/author-name which I thought was handled by author.php.

Any changes I make to the specific php page does not take effect in my child theme.

Any guides to where should I look, would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Alexandros

Shufflehound

Hi there,

By default it should show the author box also at the top of the author page. It can be disabled due to missing author description, or is disabled from Post Elements option.

Maybe you can share a link, so we can take  a look?

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

Neroblock
    Participant

Hi there,

Author additional information box is unchekced in Post Elements section. The reason is, that it also displays author box inside every post. Which is something that I do not want.

That is why I was trying to alter the author.php page but the changes did not take effect which I found it odd.

Upon uploading again the modified author.php page inside child theme, the changes are there.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your time.

Regards

Shufflehound

No worries, we are glad that it is working now! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)