Page Sidebar not working - need it fixed please,

Home Forums Gillion Theme Page Sidebar not working – need it fixed please,

Home Forums Gillion Theme Page Sidebar not working – need it fixed please,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • ahmedshawan
    Participant

Hello

Yesterday i purchased your theme, and successfully installed the theme and imported demo content and it removed all of my existing content

Well, i had a backup and i restored the backup version of my previous content,

everything works fine, but i put some widgets on page sidebar and it is not showing the widgets,

the page sidebar only works when i imported the demo content and after restoring my previous content the page sidebar does not work,

i need to display some widgets on page sidebar,

so it looks very complex to manage widgets with your theme – that is frustrated

would you please let me know how to fix this issue

Thanks

ahmedshawan
    Participant

I need your response, please assist me on this

Hi @ahmedshawan,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I could confirm the issue on my test site therefore notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

In the meanwhile you can try resolving the issue by using the attached modified child theme of Gillion theme.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

ahmedshawan
    Participant

I’m so happy to know it will be fixed,

Sure, you should fix this issue to increase users satisfactions like me,

I will try using the child theme, and get back to you if it’s yet not fixed

thanks for your quick assistance man,

ahmedshawan
    Participant

It did not work,

I have activated the child theme – then imported the demo content and then restored the backup content

Later put widget on page – and no widget showing, the page comes in full width

You can check an example here – http://www.wpbakeryvisualcomposer.com/privacy-policy/

Let me know

Please try clearing the WP-Super-Cache that you are using on your site.

Make sure to add widgets in the page widgets area and set page layout to default as shown in the attached screenshots.

If you are still facing the issue, then would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will bee able see it.”?

Attachments:

ahmedshawan
    Participant

Hello

I got the problem, the page sidebar not showing because in the “Theme Settings”

Page Layout – is set to “Full Width” and there is no option for right sidebar

In the page i set

Page Layout – Right sidebar and Sidebar is showing for that post only

I have added attachment,

So, what you need to do is to add more options under Page Layout in Theme Settings

Because, i will have to set Right Sidebar for every page manually, that is more time consuming and irritating work

Hope you understand

Attachments:

ahmedshawan
    Participant

Another option to fix this issue is

To create a page template with sidebar enabled, then set that template for all pages using bulk edit option

Yes i can understand that this is happening because you have set global layout to full width so you have to change the layout in individual page settings.

I have added this in the feature to do list to be implemented in the future version of theme.

ahmedshawan
    Participant

One more thing, when i import the demo content, the default post sidebar is assigned in page sidebar,

but after restoring the backup version it does not work

why it is working, like this?

please let me know

I am not sure what you meant by “the default post sidebar is assigned in page sidebar” so could you please share the screenshot of it?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)