Post layout (full width)

Home Forums Gillion Theme Post layout (full width)

Home Forums Gillion Theme Post layout (full width)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • jacksonw99
    Participant

Hello, I am kind of confused by the post setting. I can’t seem to find any “template” or anything to edit on to be full-width. When I click on “write” it leads me to the title > paragraph. (there isn’t anywhere to add an image as the fullwidth background.)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Can you please let us know what exactly you want to achieve?

Maybe you can share a link or a screenshot with us so it is easier to understand.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

jacksonw99
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to write a post. But I don’t know how to set the template for “full width”. Do I have to manually add all the elements together or is there a template I can use directly?

Shufflehound

Hi there,

That depends on your current post layout settings. Firstly you should disable the sidebar, so the content could go full page width.

After that, you can add images and sections to the block editor under the left top + button. There you can also take a look at the patterns section for predefined sections.

Another option is to use the Elementor page builder by clicking on the “Edit with Elementor” button as it is a much more powerful page builder.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

jacksonw99
    Participant

Hi, I have tried disabling the sidebar under  Appearance > customize > Post > Post layout > Standard (without sidebar).

And I have tried. It is still the same. Ideally, I want my post to have a full width like the image listed “5D4N taiwan…” but i cant seem to add an image behind my title.

Attachments:

Shufflehound

Oh, in that case, you can try to:

• Go to Post Settings
    • Header tab
    • For the Above Content option set something other than Default
    • Set background image for Titlebar Background Image option

Let us know if that works for you.

jacksonw99
    Participant

awesome. I have tried, it is close to what I want but not exactly. What I want is an image dedicated to a post, which I can use as a full-width thumbnail just for this post.

In the image listed below, I kind of got the effect I want, but not so much as I am not looking to make the header bar transparent and blend in with my image (Bracket out with red lines). I hope to have an individual article image where I can showcase my photo that is tagged to the post. (Ie: the Gillion image)

Attachments:

Shufflehound

Understandable, it seems that you were looking for this:

• Go to Post Settings
    • General tab
    • For Post Style set Slider (will disable titlebar)

Hopefully, that works! To make it work you may need to disable the options we mentioned in the previous guide.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Shufflehound.

jacksonw99
    Participant

Awesome, this is what i’m looking for. But How do i change the image? I don’t really see any options to insert a new image.

Shufflehound

Great! The image can be changed by using the Featured Image option on the right side.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Shufflehound.

jacksonw99
    Participant

Great!!! Problem solved! Thanks alot!

Shufflehound

You are welcome! 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)