Post view count

Home Forums Gillion Theme Post view count

Home Forums Gillion Theme Post view count

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • js
    Participant

Hi,

How does post view count working? I’m asking because it seems to me if users have viewed the post it didn’t count.

Best regards,

Jürgen

Hi Jürgen,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

It is counted on every single post page visit.

If it doesn’t work for you then could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is not working correctly so that I can troubleshoot it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

js
    Participant

Good morning,

Thank you. Please have a look at https://www.beyond-cre.com.

Best regards,

Jürgen

Solution for this topic

I can see it is working fine on your shared site as shown in the attached screenshots.

Please advise.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

js
    Participant

I know. But if you look for example at a recent post called ‘Advanced Analytics in Real Estate …’ you see just 8 views. If I look to linkedIn where I’ve posted the link of the article, it shows me 121 views. So that what makes me suspicious. May be you have any explanations.

Best regards

Jürgen

May be some bots are visiting the links shared on likedin increasing its count but as they are not real users so it doesn’t count on your site.

js
    Participant

I’ve no technical background at all and might be wrong but in essence this would mean that LinkedIn can’t separate between bots and real users while you can.

You can ask it to linedin as we can’t answer about their system.

From our side the answer is, post view count is displayed based on how many times the post is visited and it working accordingly on your site.

js
    Participant

Solution for this topic

Thank you.

FYI – Spoke to linkedIn and the explanation is, a view on linkedIn means just to display  a post in the users newsfeed of more than 300 millisecondes. It means not any click on the post. So I mistakenly assumed that LinkedIn views are the same than clicks which will appear as post view count on my site. Issue solved.

Best regards,

Jürgen

Glad you got it resolved and thank you for sharing the solution here 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)