Read time

Home Forums Gillion Theme Read time

Home Forums Gillion Theme Read time

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
  • juniormartian
    Participant

On the home page the reading time appears one way, and when I click on the post to read appears or read time. How to leave the same?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @juniormartian,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Sorry but I am not sure I understood your question correctly so could you please describe it a bit more in detail?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

juniormartian
    Participant

The reading time that appears in the (home) is not the same as that which appears on the page (of the post). I want to stay the same.

I have tested it on my test site and it’s working fine for me using latest version of Gillion theme as displayed in the attached screenshots.

Please make sure you are using following latest version of theme.

Please login to access this file

Also this can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Attachments:

juniormartian
    Participant

How do I install this upgrade, will I lose everything I’ve done? How do I view the version of my theme?

You can check theme version as described in the following page.

https://help.themeskingdom.com/knowledge-base/how-to-find-theme-version/

https://wpexplorer-themes.com/total/docs/locate-current-theme-version/

You won’t lose your site content after updating the theme but for safer side you can take backup of your site before updating the theme.

You can update the theme on your site as described in the following page.

https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

juniormartian
    Participant

The version of the theme is not appearing. I did not understand how to install version 1.5.0 gillion.

Go on appearances> theme> add new?

Attachments:

You are checking it in the Gillion child theme style.css file instead you should check it in the Gillion theme style.css file.

The same goes for your second screenshot where you are checking it in the Gillion child theme instead of Gillion theme.

You can update the theme on your site as described in the following page.

https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

juniormartian
    Participant

When I update a theme, can I delete the old one so it does not overload the performance of wordpress?

Yes you can.

juniormartian
    Participant

I’m still having trouble with read time. In the home it appears without pre with “1 min read” and when I click on the article is the correct time.

See the published project. http://hello.todaylead.com/

Attachments:

I have tested it on my test site using Blog slider content element and it works fine for me.

Could you please try resaving the post?

If it doesn’t work for you then would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will be able see it.”?

juniormartian
    Participant

I want to use the settings that I put.

Thank you for sharing the site credentials.

I logged in to your site but it seems you have not shared admin credentials so I couldn’t troubleshoot the issue.

Could you please make the shared user account as an admin?

Also please try clearing the W3 Total Cache or temporary disabling it.

juniormartian
    Participant

I disabled the W3 Total Cache plugin and created the administrator account.

Thank you for making the account admin.

I logged in to your site and found out this is happening because the Read More tag added in the post as shown in the attached screenshot. It works fine after deleting the Read More tag.

Attachments:

juniormartian
    Participant

I liked very much. How did you post this post in English? 🙂

Attachments:

I liked very much.

You are most welcome here 🙂

How did you post this post in English?

I am not sure what you are asking about because the post written in English gets published in English so could you please describe your question a bit more in detail?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)