Rebuilding with WPBakery Issues

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Rebuilding with WPBakery Issues

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Rebuilding with WPBakery Issues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • dereksieb
    Participant

Hello,

I am attempting to rebuild my site with WPBakery, but I’m running into a few issues.

1. When I try to edit a unyson page with WPBakery, it won’t let me save the WPBakery edits. So I have to create a brand new page in order to recreate my old pages with WPBakery. This would be fine, but then it’s a different url/slug, which is a problem for SEO. So, I’m wondering can I recreate page with new url/slug > then change/delete old url/slug > then change new url to old url to keep the exact same url/slug as before?
    2. On the page I am recreating, I have a video background section (top section), however, the video is not displaying. (I will attach new page in private field, as well as the page I am recreating it from.) How can I get the video to display?
    3. I also have a picture background section (USA flag) that is displaying the picture, but not the transparent color overlay I have over the picture. How do I get the color overlay to display? (links in private field)
    4. Also on the page I am recreating, there is a space or padding around every section. (My sections aren’t displaying full width.) I have “full width page” selected in page settings and there are no paddings set. How do I get rid of this padding around my sections? (Picture attached.)

Thank you.

dereksieb
    Participant

Just following up. Can you please help me with the above issues? Let me know if you have any questions. I included the links in the private field in the original post where you can see all the issues I am explaining.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

About your questions:

1. We would recommend creating a new separate page for the WPBakery content and when the page is recreated you can either:
      1. delete the old Unyson page and set the old slug for your WPBakery page
      2. rename the Unyson page slug to something different and then rename the WPBakery page slug to the old Unyson page slug
    2. Unfortunately, it seems that this one one of the features that the WPBakery page builder is missing
    3. One of the ways would be to add this overlay manually for those images and then reupload them in WordPress
    4. You can try this custom CSS below:

.page-default-content {
        padding: 0!important;
    }

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

dereksieb
    Participant

Thank you for your help.

Regarding the video background, in the wpbakery row settings, there is an option for “video background”. I have attached a screenshot for you to see.

Can you look into this again? Otherwise this page builder is useless without one of the most common modern website features, video backgrounds.

Another question regarding WPBakery.. why do you recommend this page builder over Divi or SeedProd?

Really wanting to keep Jevelin, but need to figure out a reliable system for building content ONCE, and not have to REBUILD my entire site.

Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Oh, it seems that we have forgotten about this option.

We tested it with a few videos and the feature was working fine (with some video exceptions). Please try to test also full youtube link like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A16MWO1fQ7c

We recommend it because we have made custom elements and many optimizations for it. We have a different theme which for example uses Elementor and we have created many Elementor elements for it.

It is a time-consuming process, to create custom elements and features for the page builders. Otherwise, you can of course use different page builders, but they won’t have any extra elements and features.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)