Remove sticky posts from caroussel

Home Forums Gillion Theme Remove sticky posts from caroussel

Home Forums Gillion Theme Remove sticky posts from caroussel

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • pattRodriguez
    Participant

Hi,

is there any way form me to prevent sticky posts from displaying on the caroussel at top of page? I’d like to have more control about the posts on display, but the theme automatically places stickies as first slide on the sequence.

Thanks

Hi @pattRodriguez,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can edit that blog post slider and add specific post ids or categories in its settings as shown in the attached screenshot.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

pattRodriguez
    Participant

I added posts manually, but i’ve found out that sticky posts always go to slider regardless of me wanting them to display there or not. They’re always the first slide and dont even show up in that box on the print.

Let me give an example:

Right now i have it set to display 3 posts, and have the 3 posts IDs listed on the “Show Specific Posts” box.

If i dont mark any post as sticky on wordpress, the caroussel displays exactly as i want (the 3 specified posts).

Then the moment i set up a sticky, the sticky post becomes a fourth slide in the sequence, even if i have set only 3 specific posts and listed them. The caroussel then displays 4 slides and the first one is always the post market “sitcky” – that shouldn’t be there.

So i still need help: how do i prevent sticky posts to go automatically to my caroussel?

I could confirm the issue on my test site therefore notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

In the meanwhile you can try resolving the issue by using the attached modified Gillion theme.

Kylian
    Participant

Hello.

Im looking the way to edit the caroussel slider. Meaning the huge slide on basic demo at the top. How can I do to replace with a specific post instead?

Cordialy

Attachments:

Kylian
    Participant

Hi,

after searching during two days , day & nite I finally got it right.

So if you people are looking for how to deal with the very nice caroussel slide displayed at the very top of Gillion caroussel slide basic demo, I’m adding an image so you just have to follow instructions on image. It explains where are located links and how to move forward from there. I’ve done it cuz previous post was a bit unclear for a new user. Hope it’helps the community a lot.

Cordialy

Attachments:
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)