Search not working and icons mission on mobile and chrome web

Home Forums Gillion Theme Search not working and icons mission on mobile and chrome web

Home Forums Gillion Theme Search not working and icons mission on mobile and chrome web

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • jfculhane
    Participant

On Android/Chrome the search functionality does not work.

The icon appears in the dropdown menu on left but you cannot search.

On Android/Firefox and Android/Safari the icons turn into blank squares and do not load.

Is there a setting or customization for this?

Using Version 3.2.3 of Gillion. I tried this with both a child theme and the original theme with the same result.

There is also an issue with disappearing nav icons when the Chrome web on OSX first loads. Perhaps they are connected. If I click on another page they reappear. I need the icons to be there when the site first loads.

See screenshots for mobile and OSX chrome.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @jfculhane,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

It seems you are using an older version of the theme on your website so please update it to the below latest version as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

Also, please make sure that you are using the same URLs in the website General settings as shown in the attached screenshot.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:

jfculhane
    Participant

OK. The search now works on mobile with the version update. Thanks.

Icons are still disappearing now only on Firefox on Mac when the site is first visited. I’ve never experienced this with any theme. Is it a caching issue?

I tried to reset the site url to localhost but it took the site down and had to repair via database. Not sure how this would work. Are you saying localhost should be the site’s URL???? Totally confusing. In my case the name of the site also has spaces.

Attachments:

Icons are still disappearing now only on Firefox on Mac when the site is first visited. I’ve never experienced this with any theme. Is it a caching issue?

Yes, this can be caching issue so, please try clearing the browser cache and deactivating browser extensions.

I tried to reset the site url to localhost but it took the site down and had to repair via database. Not sure how this would work. Are you saying localhost should be the site’s URL???? Totally confusing. In my case the name of the site also has space

No, you don’t have to change it to localhost. It’s my URL.

You have to just check whether you have added both the URLs same or they are different including http/https.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)