Sidebar not working properly

Home Forums Gillion Theme Sidebar not working properly

Home Forums Gillion Theme Sidebar not working properly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Tiinale
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for an awesome theme! I have some questions that I hope you can provide answers to.

1. It seems when adding eg. a page widget to a column in visual composer, it does not work properly but only displays some of the widgets it is supposed to. Can you tell what is wrong, why some widgets are visible while others aren’t? Eg. tags are visible but recent posts, archives etc. arent.
    2. Mobile width. I’ve been reading the posts on this forum but they don’t seem to fix my problem. How can I make the mobile view full width from side to side without any padding and leave the desktop boxed as it is?
    3. In Gillion demos there is a left/right mix style for categories. I’d like to use it in post grid but cannot seem to be able to make it in grid builder. Is it only available to categories style?

Thank!
    Tiina

Hi Tiina,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

It seems when adding eg. a page widget to a column in visual composer, it does not work properly but only displays some of the widgets it is supposed to. Can you tell what is wrong, why some widgets are visible while others aren’t? Eg. tags are visible but recent posts, archives etc. arent.

Could you please share me the screenshot of the screen where you have added widgets and also share me the page URL from your site where it is supposed to display so that i can help you?

Mobile width. I’ve been reading the posts on this forum but they don’t seem to fix my problem. How can I make the mobile view full width from side to side without any padding and leave the desktop boxed as it is?

You can achieve it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

@media (max-width: 1025px){
     #page-container .container.entry-content {
        max-width: 100% !important;
    }   
    }

In Gillion demos there is a left/right mix style for categories. I’d like to use it in post grid but cannot seem to be able to make it in grid builder. Is it only available to categories style?

Yes

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Tiinale
    Participant

Hi,

thanks for quick reply.

Here is the URL conserning non-functioning page widget in a sidebar https://www.livli.fi/tuhkaa-ja-konfetteja/
    and attached is a pic of the page widget.

Thanks also for the other answers to my queries. If I can add just one more question about blog posts. Is it possible to show full posts instead of excerpts with Gillion theme?

Br, Tiina

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Here is the URL conserning non-functioning page widget in a sidebar https://www.livli.fi/tuhkaa-ja-konfetteja/
    and attached is a pic of the page widget.

You are using older version of theme on your site so please try updating it to the following latest version.

Please login to access this file

You have shared me only widget area screen and i don’t see where you have added it so could you please share the whole screen screenshot?

Thanks also for the other answers to my queries. If I can add just one more question about blog posts. Is it possible to show full posts instead of excerpts with Gillion theme?

Not full width but you can display maximum excerpt from theme blog settings as shown in the attached screenshots.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)