Site broke; then slider revolution broke

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Site broke; then slider revolution broke

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Site broke; then slider revolution broke

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • waynelam49
    Participant

Hi there, like many others, after the WP 5.5 update, my website broke (https://www.digitalyse.io) and was stuck in infinite loading.

I followed the advice here (https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/jevelin-site-not-loading-after-wp-5-5-update/) and downloaded the beta 4.7.1.5 theme but now, my slider revolution plugin doesn’t work.

When I activate the slider revolution, my entire homepage is busted and doesn’t function properly. If I disable it, then I lose the slider at the homepage. I’m not too sure how to fix this.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you

Hi @waynelam49,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please clear and temporarily deactivate the cache that you are using on your website so that I can troubleshoot it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

waynelam49
    Participant

Hi there,

I have deactivated the cache plugin I’m using.

Thank you

Please also clear the Endurance Page Cache that you are using on your website and make sure that you are using the latest version of the Slider Revolution plugin.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporarily deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin, Slider Revolution plugin, and WpBakery page builder plugin and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

waynelam49
    Participant

Hi there,

I never had Endurance Page Cache turned on – currently, this is still set at 0.

I have turned off all plugins except for Unyson, Slider Rev, and WPBakery as advised, but my homepage is still not functioning properly.

Please advise – would it be easier if I provide direct access to my WP panel?

Thank you!

It would be great If I log in to your site and do quick troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please temporarily create an admin user account and share me the account login details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able to see it)”?

waynelam49
    Participant

I’ve just sent the login over via the private info field. Please let me know how it goes! Thank you.

I didn’t get it so could you please share it again and also send it on [email protected]

waynelam49
    Participant

Hi, I’ve inputted the login again in this comment here. I have also sent it by email to [email protected] – subject line “Digitalyse WP login”

I logged into your website and saw you are using an outdated version of PHP on your website as shown in the attached screenshot so please update it to the latest version by contacting your web host.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

waynelam49
    Participant

Hi there,

The PHP message is outdated as I had already contacted my hosting provider to update my PHP four days ago.

Please could you help me troubleshoot this ASAP, it has nearly been a week where my website is without a functioning homepage and SEO looks like its starting to get impacted.

Thanks so much.

I troubleshoot on your website and saw the slider preview is also not working correctly as shown in the attached screenshots so it seems the slider problem.

I am not sure why the slider fas become non-functional on your website but now you have to recreate new slider and use it on your website home page.

Attachments:

waynelam49
    Participant

Hi there,

So could you please help me recreate this to be like before? I have not touched the Slider Revolution at all and it has been like this since the update. I tried to create my own slider but it doesn’t work – and it’s probably not gonna look and feel the same as before even if I can manage to make it work.

You can import the demo content on your website containing the slider then delete unwanted posts and pages and keep the slider.

To import the demo content, please refer https://support.shufflehound.com/installing-demo/

waynelam49
    Participant

Hi, I’ve done as suggested – the Slider Revolution’s module looks fine now but my homepage isn’t showing the new module.

My homepage currently shows a “Home” title and “Lorem ipsum” placeholder texts instead of the intended Slider Revolution module from the demo data.

Any help on this would be really appreciated. Thank you.

I logged into your website displayed the slider on your website homepage by editing the homepage and configuring its Header settings as shown in the attached screenshots.

Attachments:
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)