Social Counter - Facebook denied app approval

Home Forums Gillion Theme Social Counter – Facebook denied app approval

Home Forums Gillion Theme Social Counter – Facebook denied app approval

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • rogermartin
    Participant

Hi,

I tried to follow the instructions for setting up the Social Counter for Facebook. I created an app, followed Facebooks procedure in submitting for approval. The app approval was denied. Facebook said that Public Page permissions were not required to view public information.

I see many people are having issues configuring this feature. Can you please provide better instructions on how to properly request app permission from Facebook?

Hi @rogermartin,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Just do not request Public Page permissions in the app or contact the facebook support to resolve it.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

rogermartin
    Participant

Ok, I recreated the facebook app without any additional permissions and turned it on. It still doesn’t work. Please advise on next steps…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

In the widget settings, just use the Page ID as shown in the attached screenshot.

Also, could you please share your site URL where it’s happening so that I can troubleshoot it?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

rogermartin
    Participant

Hi,

I used the Page ID only and it still doesn’t work. The site is https://capitalcurrent.ca

Thanks!

Would you mind if I log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please temporary share me your site admin login details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able see it)”?

rogermartin
    Participant

Sure…

I troubleshoot the issue but didn’t find anything that may cause the issue on your site.

I am troubleshooting the issue on my test site and will update you here ASAP.

rogermartin
    Participant

Is there an update on this issue? Thanks.

The issue is not resolved yet in the theme.

You will be notified here, after resolving the issue.

In the meanwhile, you can use any other social counter plugin that provides widget to display it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)