Social Share Not working

Home Forums Gillion Theme Social Share Not working

Home Forums Gillion Theme Social Share Not working

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • lmiscoli
    Participant

Hi, some social share buttons are not working on post.

Facebook, Twitter Linkedin work while what’s app and viber don’t .

How can I fix this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @lmiscoli,

Thank you for your question.

Please test it on mobile as some social icons only work on mobile such as whatsapp.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

lmiscoli
    Participant

Thanks for replying.

What’s the point of having icons that only work on mobile?

I mean, if I set whatsapp as social share I expect it to work both on mobile and desktop.

is there’s any solution to this?

Could you please tell me what you think that the WhatsApp icon should work on the desktop?

lmiscoli
    Participant

Elementor and many other plugins have already implemented whatsapp social share both for mobile and desktop so I was surprised that yours didn’t work.

Imagine a user clicking on whatsapp share button and nothing happens. That’s not nice, if I can see it I have to able to click it and share the post.

The solution might be either to show whatsapp icon only on mobile or just remove it.

The point is that there should be a check if you are on mobile or not because maybe if you are on desktop you could use whatsapp web. I expected it to work like elementor’s, which opens the app on mobile and whatsapp web on desktop.

Anyway, since it’s not gonna work on desktop I won’t  just use it. I only wanted to know if it was a bug or not, so now that i know it’s not a bug there’s no problem.

Thank you.

Thank you for your suggestion.

We will certainly implement this in the future version of the theme.

We have implemented it in the below latest version of the theme so please update the theme as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)