Updating

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Updating

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Updating

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • dereksieb
    Participant

Hello,

I have been hesitant to update everything because I’m not sure if it will make me lose my work.

1.) Should I update wordpress to version 5.1.1? Will this affect anything with my Jevelin theme?

2.) Also, how can I update all my plugins without losing any customizations? ex// Unyson, woocommerce, yellowpencil..

3.) How do I update my Jevelin theme without affecting all my customizations? I have been using a child theme. Is it necessary to update it?

Thanks!

Hi @dereksieb,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

Please make sure to take backup of your site before updating anything so that If anything goes wrong then you can restore it.

1.) Should I update wordpress to version 5.1.1? Will this affect anything with my Jevelin theme?

Yes, you can update the WordPress and it won’t affect anything with the Jevelin theme.

2.) Also, how can I update all my plugins without losing any customizations? ex// Unyson, woocommerce, yellowpencil..

If you have not made any changes in the plugin files then you can update it without any issue.

You must update the Yellow Pencil editor plugin ASAP due to security issue as described in the below topic.

https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/yellow-pencil-editor-security-update/

3.) How do I update my Jevelin theme without affecting all my customizations? I have been using a child theme. Is it necessary to update it?

You can update the theme on your site to the below latest version as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

You don’t need to update child theme.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

dereksieb
    Participant

Thank you for your help! I have just tried updating my Jevelin theme, but I’m not sure if it worked. It’s not showing me my current theme version in my wordpress Jevelin dashboard. I will link my website in the private info field.

Can you check if I’m running the current version?

If it didn’t work, can you help me update it using manual file uploading? Do I need to delete current parent theme first, since I am using a child theme? Do I need to activate new parent theme when I upload it?

You are still using older version 4.0.3 of the theme on your site.

To update the theme

1. Install/activate Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades plugin
    2. Download below latest theme version

Please login to access this file

3. Install the above downloaded theme ZIP as usual

You don’t need to activate the parent theme as you are using a child theme but male sure that you have not installed multiple parent themes and deleted all older theme versions on your site.

dereksieb
    Participant

Ok, should I delete the old theme version before or after I install the new theme version?

You can delete olde theme version if any after updating the new theme.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)