Various problems with the theme: can you help me to fix them?

Home Forums Gillion Theme Various problems with the theme: can you help me to fix them?

Home Forums Gillion Theme Various problems with the theme: can you help me to fix them?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • federicobaglioni
    Participant

Good afternoon,
    I write because using the Gillion theme for a site (online newspaper) I am experiencing several problems and bugs.

I will list them and kindly ask you to help me understand why they present themselves and how to solve them:

1. From mobile, if I click on the author’s name in a post I am not sent back to the page with all the author’s contents while on desktop everything works. How come? How do you fix it?
    2. On the home page of the site, the banner that from the desktop you see in the upper right disappears. Being an advertisement that keeps the site running, the client has resented a lot. How come from mobile you do not see? How do you system?
    3. I would like to include an image gallery in the various articles. I tried dozens of different plugins and they seem not to work from mobile (from desktop everything ok). Instead of gallery, you see a blank space. I tried on other WordPress installations with themes other than Gillion and everything works. How come? How do you system?

I await your feedback and thank you,

Federico Baglioni

federicobaglioni
    Participant

federicobaglioni
    Participant

Can you answer me please?

Thank you

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Sure, we can take a look.

However, we didn’t see a link to your website. Could you please share it? 🙂

Best regards,

Shufflehound Team

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by Shufflehound.

Shufflehound

Thank you for the link!

Regarding your questions:

1. It appears that the AMP plugin might be causing the issue. Could you please disable it and test?
    2. That’s how that option currently functions in our theme. Could you specify where you’d like it to appear on mobile? We can try to find a solution for that
    3. Are you using the block editor? In that case, have you used the Gallery block? We typically use that and haven’t encountered issues on mobile.

federicobaglioni
    Participant
    1. If I disable it, I don’t see the picture of the author through the mobile mode. Is there a way to keep the AMP mode on and to make clickable the author of the posts?
    2. Just under the menu top-bar. Please let me know if is it possible.
    3. No, I use the classic mode editor and I have to embed a slideshow gallery. Is there a way?

Shufflehound
    1. If you want to keep the AMP plugin enabled, then some custom coding might be required to achieve that.
    2. We have created a new beta version below with a new option “Header Mobile Ad Space” under Theme Settings > Header. Please test it and let us know if it works! 🙂
    3. We haven’t used the classic editor for a long time, so we’re not certain about its compatibility. However, we recommend giving the block editor a try. You should also be able to easily convert the content

Please login to access this file

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Shufflehound.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)