Wordpress 5.5 update

Home Forums Jevelin Theme WordPress 5.5 update

Home Forums Jevelin Theme WordPress 5.5 update

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • ot.tremelin
    Participant

Hi,

I updated my WordPress version with the last one, but After this update, my slider on my homepage is gone (I have just one white space), my menu is broken too. All my submenu can’t be found… And all my blog is gone. Also I’ve got some of my photo are gone too…

I tried to fix these problems, but I didn’t succeed…

Can you help me please ? It’s really imperative, ’cause we are a tourist office.

design2216
    Participant

I’m having a similar issue. Does the https://jevelin.shufflehound.com/finances/ theme have an update. Using Jeveline Theme 4.4.7.  Is there an update?

I could confirm this issue on my website by using WordPress version 5.5

It seems the theme jQuery script is causing the issue as jQuery is updated in the latest WordPress version 5.5

The issue will be fixed ASAP in the upcoming version of the theme.

In the meanwhile, you can fix it by adding below code in the functions.php file of the theme.

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'load_old_jquery_fix', 100 );

function load_old_jquery_fix() {
        if ( ! is_admin() ) {
            wp_deregister_script( 'jquery' );
            wp_register_script( 'jquery', ( "//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.11.3/jquery.min.js" ), false, '1.11.3' );
            wp_enqueue_script( 'jquery' );
        }
    }

ot.tremelin
    Participant

Ok, thanks for your answer.

Where I can find the php functions files ? I mean, which one is it ?
    Can you tell me when the next update will be available ?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by ot.tremelin.

ema354
    Participant

Hi

I have the save problem I only can answer you first two questions I put a screnshot where you can add this code lines

I want to know when it´s available the next update

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

If you don’t know how to use the shared code then alternatively just download the attached custom plugin and activate it.

The theme update will be released today or tomorrow.

Attachments:

ot.tremelin
    Participant

Thanks all of you, I succeed to add the code line. =)

I’ve a last question: when the update will be effective, I suppose that we have to delete the code in the functions.php file of the theme, right?

Thanks

Solution for this topic

Yes, you are right that you have to delete the added code after using the updated theme version.

The issue is resolved in the below latest version of theme so please update the theme as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

Please clear your browser cache after updating the theme so that the latest js and CSS files will be loaded.

ot.tremelin
    Participant

Hi thanks,

I made the update that WordPress offers directly, but I still have the same problem …

Do I have to update manually with the “Jevelin Beta 4.7.1.5” file you provide above?

Why is this a beta file?

The beta is a theme version that we release in the forum before releasing the theme on ThemeForest but now both the versions are the same as we have also released the theme on ThemeForest.

I visited your website and saw it is working fine using the latest version of the theme as shown in the attached screenshot.

Is the issue resolved now?

Attachments:

ot.tremelin
    Participant

Yes, it’s working because I used the code in the functions.php file of the theme, because it’s didn’t work however I did the update of the theme.

If it doesn’t work for you using the latest version of the theme and removing the shared custom code then would you mind if I log in to your site and do quick troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please temporarily create an admin user account and share me the account login details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able to see it)”?

ot.tremelin
    Participant

Hi,

I tried again (whihout the code on the function.php file) and it’s working ! =)

Thanks for your help anyway.

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)