Wordpress Update - Has Removed all previous formatting

Home Forums Jevelin Theme WordPress Update – Has Removed all previous formatting

Home Forums Jevelin Theme WordPress Update – Has Removed all previous formatting

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • powermonique
    Participant

Hi there,

I a few days ago I updated my site to the new version of WordPress and I noticed many things disappear from the backend (Unyson, glutenberg and WP bakery). I read through all of the existing ticket and started by trying to uninstall plugins, I started with Woocomerce and a lot of the woocomerce associated plugins and I noticed that glutengerg, unyson and WP bakery came back but my site has still lost all previous formatting.

I was using the Education demo and edited a lot the content to match my business and what we offer. Everything in the demo was formatted using the WP bakery (ex, text boxes, section, images that came with the demo etc.). Now some of the content is just stirring in plain text and some of it has completely disappears.

I worked really hard to build my site and get it to exactly what I wanted and now all of it is gone because of an update?

Is there anyway I can restore an older version of my site to get back what I once had? I tired to restore the “backup” of my site from November and it didn’t work.

Should I reinstall the Education demo? Will everything else disappear?

Please help!

I’ve uploaded a screenshot for you to see what I mean by all the previous formatting and boxes from the Education demo, are completely gone and a lot the the text with it.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by powermonique.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @powermonique,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I am not sure what is exactly happened in your case but updating WordPress won’t cause this as many theme users have updated the WordPress without any issue.

It seems from your shared screenshot that the page is corrupted which occurs when you switch the page editor from one to another so please don’t switch page editors and only use the page editor that you have used initially to edit the page.

Would you mind if I log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please temporary share me your site admin login details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able see it)”?

Is there anyway I can restore an older version of my site to get back what I once had? I tired to restore the “backup” of my site from November and it didn’t work.

How have taken your site backup?

What is happening when you try to restore your site backup?

Should I reinstall the Education demo? Will everything else disappear?

You can If you want to as described below.

https://support.shufflehound.com/installing-demo/

All your existing content will remain intact on importing the demo.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

powermonique
    Participant

I did’nt change the editor, when I did the update, it was gone and then by removing some plugins it reappeared (WP bakery and glutenberg).

I have sent the login info.

Thank you so much for your assistance!

Thank you for sharing the site credentials but you didn’t share your site URL so could you please share it?

Solution for this topic

I logged into your site and saw the page on your website is created using Unyson Page builder but it seems you tried to edit it using another page builder such as WPBakery Page Builder causing it to corrupt.

I used again the Unyson page builder and it’s displaying fine as shown in the attached screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

powermonique
    Participant

Thank you!

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)