WPBakery Backend Editor Not Working After Update

Home Forums Gillion Theme WPBakery Backend Editor Not Working After Update

Home Forums Gillion Theme WPBakery Backend Editor Not Working After Update

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • starboardcreative
    Participant

Last night we updated our site (WordPress core, theme and all plugins) to the latest versions (last version of the Gillion theme as well). When I went in to edit a “page” today and click on the “Backend Editor” for WPBakery within the page edit screen, nothing happens. Does the current version of WPBakery work ok with the latest version of Gillion? Any way to fix this? Thanks!

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Our testing sites also have updated to the latest versions and everything works fine as it should. Maybe it is some kind of other plugin issue? If needed we can access your website and debug this issue for you.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

starboardcreative
    Participant

Yes, any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. I just cleared my cache and tested again (in case it was a caching issue after the site update) and it is still having a problem. Basically, when in a “page” to edit it, when I click on the blue WPBakery “backend editor” button so I can edit with that view, it does nothing. The console errors showing when on the page edit screen are here as an attachment. We updated to the latest version of WordPress, the Gillion theme, WPBakery (which we have a license for as well) and all latest versions of plugins. Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Shufflehound

Can you please check what is the location of those two files? (in the screenshot below) It might give us a hint on issue cause

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

starboardcreative
    Participant

Sure! For the php.default.min.js:888 I can’t seem to get any path from it. When I hover over it to view the path, it doesn’t show anything.

For the backend.min.js?ver=6.8.0:10 I have put the path in the “private information field” below. I am thinking maybe this file or something related is causing the problem since it is a backend WPBakery issue?

Shufflehound

It still might be related to the first file. Would it be possible to login to your website dashboard, so we can try to find the cause?

starboardcreative
    Participant

I spoke with our hosting provider and they found the path of the other file. It is below in the private information field. Both files that throw the error in Google Console appear to exist in the JS_Composer folder in plugins.

starboardcreative
    Participant

And just to note, the error it shows with that php file is:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input

Shufflehound

Thank you for clarifying it.

We still can’t replicate this issue in our test sites. If we can’t access your website to debug this issue, then at the moment we can only recommend to try to remove WPBakery page builder and install it again

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)