Cannot install backup

Home Forums Gillion Theme Cannot install backup

Home Forums Gillion Theme Cannot install backup

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • thk1976
    Participant

By mistake i deleted the entire content of my site when installing the demo contant.

The theme made a backup though, but when i try to install the backup nothing happens. Can you have a look?

thk1976
    Participant

Can you help me please?

Hi @thk1976,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

By mistake i deleted the entire content of my site when installing the demo contant.

Please make sure you are using our new demo content import method as described in this topic https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/demo-install-problem/#post-15581 which doesn’t delete existing site content.

The theme made a backup though, but when i try to install the backup nothing happens. Can you have a look?

Could you please how have you taken a backup and how are you restoring it?

Are you getting any error message when you try to restore it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

thk1976
    Participant

It installs the backup but nothng happens, all my posts are still missing.

Could you please have a look?

Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will bee able see it.”?

thk1976
    Participant

No please do so!

I have added the login details in the private field

Site is

http://www.boligmode.dk/wp-admin

I logged in to your site and successfully restored the backup created on the path Tools -> Backup

If it still doesn’t restore your all missing posts then it means you have not created that backup at right time. The backup is created on 19. December 2017 so it won’t contain posts created after 19. December 2017

thk1976
    Participant

Hello

Yes, but the backup contains all my previous posts and pictures, i can see that in the backup file when i download it.

For example “post_title”:”Bedst i test! L\u00e6kre Ringsted dundyner p\u00e5 tilbud”

But none of these posts and pictures are restored when you install the backup file from the backend.

So it is not restored correctly.

I don’t find that post title in the downloaded backup file so i am sharing you the screenshots to confirm whether i am checking it in the right place?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

thk1976
    Participant

Yes it is the exact same file – as you can see on the attached screendumps this file contains all my previus posts but non of the are reinstalled.

Try to make a search for “dundyner” for example

These posts are the content of my site, that i would like to restore.

Attachments:

Yes i saw them but they are revision post types as shown in the attached screenshot and not posts so they don’t display in the posts section of site but will be created in the database.

Attachments:
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)