Comment section

Home Forums Gillion Theme Comment section

Home Forums Gillion Theme Comment section

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • marcosmarcon
    Participant

Right now, the comment section shows the fields name, email and website as required. Is there a way to change that? I don’t want website to be required. http://prntscr.com/lik3wb

Actually, I don’t even want the website field to appear, if thats an option.

Solution for this topic

Hi @marcosmarcon,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can achieve this developing custom code as developed in the custom plugin  shared in the following topic.

https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/post-comments/#post-7479

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

marcosmarcon
    Participant

Thank you!

You are most welcome here 🙂

marcosmarcon
    Participant

What if I want the email field to appear, but not be required, is that a solution?

Could you elaborate on this “Colorlib”? Is that a third part plugin? Or a framework Gillion is built on?

What if I want the email field to appear, but not be required, is that a solution?

In your site Discussion settings, please try unchecking the option “<label for=”require_name_email”>Comment author must fill out name and email</label>” as shown in the attached screenshot.

Could you elaborate on this “Colorlib”? Is that a third part plugin? Or a framework Gillion is built on?

It is just a custom plugin built by us and not third party plugin or fremework.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

marcosmarcon
    Participant

It doesnt seem to make a difference since the plugin you recommended makes the email field to disappear…

To display the email field, you have to edit the shared custom plugin code.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)