Comments Not Showing + Questions

Home Forums Gillion Theme Comments Not Showing + Questions

Home Forums Gillion Theme Comments Not Showing + Questions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • yahknow
    Participant

Hello,

I really love this theme!

I’m having an issue with getting the comments section to display. I have the Comments box ticked in the Theme Settings but when I’m viewing a post I don’t see the comments section at all. It’s set to ON in the General tab as well as in the WordPress Discussion settings. I tried deactivating all plugins except Unyson and VC as recommended and still nothing. Not sure what’s causing that to happen.

I also have a few questions in regards to some edits I’m wondering are possible to do easily:

1) Is the Share button in the header removable at all through the Theme Settings or would I have to apply CSS to hide it?

2) I would like to change how the post meta displays in a single post. Very minor but I would prefer to not have the author’s avatar and the line to read as “By [Author Name] | [Date] | [Reading Time]”. Is that doable?

Solution for this topic

Hi @yahknow,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

I’m having an issue with getting the comments section to display. I have the Comments box ticked in the Theme Settings but when I’m viewing a post I don’t see the comments section at all. It’s set to ON in the General tab as well as in the WordPress Discussion settings. I tried deactivating all plugins except Unyson and VC as recommended and still nothing. Not sure what’s causing that to happen.

I logged in to your shared site and temporary used default WordPress Twenty Seventeen theme but the comments still not showing so it seems the issue with your WordPress installation.

Please try reinstalling WordPress on your site.

1) Is the Share button in the header removable at all through the Theme Settings or would I have to apply CSS to hide it?

You can remove it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.sh-nav li.menu-item.sh-nav-share.sh-nav-special {
        display: none;
    }

2) I would like to change how the post meta displays in a single post. Very minor but I would prefer to not have the author’s avatar and the line to read as “By [Author Name] | [Date] | [Reading Time]”. Is that doable?

You can change Date format from theme Blog post settings as shown in the attached screenshot.

To hide author avatar and display By please use below custom CSS code.

.single-post span.post-auhor-date > a:first-child{
        display: none;
    }
    .single-post span.post-auhor-date:before {
        content: "By";
        display: inline-block;
    }

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

yahknow
    Participant

Hi,

Well this is pretty embarrassing. I really didn’t want to have to do a fresh install of WordPress and after some searching I realized that in the Discussion tab of the WordPress settings the option “Automatically close comments on articles older than X days” was checked. Cannot believe I overlooked that. My apologies.

Thank you so much for the answers to my additional questions. The edits are working perfectly!

One last question: is it possible to have a Sticky Sidebar effect for the right sidebar in a single post? I was looking into using the Theia Sticky Sidebar plugin but if there’s already an internal way to do it I would prefer that.

Solution for this topic

One last question: is it possible to have a Sticky Sidebar effect for the right sidebar in a single post? I was looking into using the Theia Sticky Sidebar plugin but if there’s already an internal way to do it I would prefer that.

The theme doesn’t provide any such option but you can use any of the following plugins to achieve it.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/q2w3-fixed-widget/

https://wordpress.org/plugins/mystickysidebar/

yahknow
    Participant

Ok, thank you!

You can mark this topic as resolved.

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)