Customizing blog post categories

Home Forums Gillion Theme Customizing blog post categories

Home Forums Gillion Theme Customizing blog post categories

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Blog_ClassApp
    Participant

Hello,

Is that possible to add a hyperlink to a “Blog Post Categories – Style 3” title?

And how can I customize its title and category style like your magazine demo (see attachment)? I’ve already imported this demo, but mine is just like this (see attachment).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @Blog_ClassApp,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Is that possible to add a hyperlink to a “Blog Post Categories – Style 3” title?

To achieve this, you have to develop custom code in the child theme of Gillion theme.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

And how can I customize its title and category style like your magazine demo (see attachment)? I’ve already imported this demo, but mine is just like this (see attachment).

You can achieve this as described in the below topic.

https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/blog-posts-category/#post-38371
    Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

jreitsma
    Participant

Hello,

I have a similar question. I would like to customize the styling of my blog category page. For example, if someone clicks on our “Partnerships” category that it displays the sidebar and lists all partnership posts using the masonry card style. However, if they were to click on my “Getting Started” category it hides the sidebar and lists all getting started posts using the “Left Style”.

Normally I’d look for a category.php or archive.php file. Copy the php to my text editor, make the changes that I want, save the file as category-partnerships.php, and upload it using my FTP client. However, I’m not seeing either of those .php files.

Do you have any suggestions on next steps?

p.s. Love the Gillion theme. It looks top notch.

Thanks,

Jonathan

jreitsma
    Participant

Hi @Shufflehound2 please see my above comment. Forgot to tag you.

Solution for this topic

Normally I’d look for a category.php or archive.php file. Copy the php to my text editor, make the changes that I want, save the file as category-partnerships.php, and upload it using my FTP client. However, I’m not seeing either of those .php files.

For the theme it is index.php file and from there respective content template parts are called.

jreitsma
    Participant

Brilliant. Thanks.

Found what I was looking for :).

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)