Featured Image not showing on landing pages

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Featured Image not showing on landing pages

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Featured Image not showing on landing pages

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • BrettEllis
    Participant

I am building finalflourish.design and the theme is behaving differently here than on my portfolio website bwellis.com.

The blog and the portfolio sections of the programming list the posts on the category pages with the featured image and a part of the text, on the finalflourish.design site those items are not showing at all.

I am sure there is a switch I am missing somewhere but I cannot find it for the life of me. Please LMK where I can go to activate the featured image on the landing pages and make the link icon work as a link to the post. That seems to not be working either.

Thanks,
    Brett

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Can you please give us a link to the exact page so that we can see the page setup?

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

BrettEllis
    Participant

The theme has gone right down the toilet!!!

In the past 96 hours, I have experienced crash after crash trying to set up a simple eCommerce site for my wife. This has been a total disaster from breaking and blocking the SSL to preventing links from working from the category and landing pages to the blog posts to a ridiculous amount of errors and breaks in everything from product pages in woocommerce to portfolio entries to simple search!!!

I have been using this theme for years and it was fine, it didn’t break. The worst aspect of it was how backward some of the programming was and how unhelpful and unresponsive you have been as a support resource.

Now I find that the only way to get your attention is to leave a well-deserved one-star review!

You are a disappointment to a long-standing user and you have made me regret every single recommendation I have given in your favor.

I am switching to another theme, I am going to work to migrate my other site (and the dozens I have built for clients and friends) off your theme.

I simply cannot waste any more time chasing down all of the damage to my server and WordPress install your poorly updated code will do by re-activating this theme. My other site is still using version 4, at least that is a stable build.

Version 5, or at least the most recent iteration of it, has been a complete failure. and has cost me dearly. My only hope is that I can cost you more in time and frustration than you have caused me.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear that.

If you are still interested we can offer to login into your website and inspect the issues. At the moment we can’t comment on what exactly could cause such issues without seeing the website.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Shufflehound.

Shufflehound

At the moment it seems like a misunderstanding.

It is possible that your theme installation was corrupted or the issue could be related to the WordPress setup. As you may know, we have many theme users and we haven’t seen any reports similar to this. Otherwise, we would already create a fix for it. As we wouldn’t let such major bugs remain in our theme.

We still gladly would look at your website and find the cause for this.

BrettEllis
    Participant

I have purchased a different theme from another company and will be requesting a full refund.  The failures of this theme damaged aspects of the site that have forced me to dump the WordPress install and reinstall it from scratch and I am still having issues getting the SSL back online.

According to Network Solutions tech support and website services who specialize in WordPress your theme is deeply damaged and has caused havoc with my site. According to them, the theme install could not have been accidentally corrupted in such a severe way. They are telling me that they will be investigating the issue as a case of negligence at best or deliberate malware at worst.

There is nothing left for you to look at, for the security of the site everything your programming touched has been deleted and the database re-installed. From the perspective of the experts at Network Solutions, your theme and accompanying materials are going to be treated as an attempt to violate the SSL and payment information of our customers. They are very concerned.

I will be removing my portfolio site and sending out warnings to all of my clients who are using this theme, as well as forwarding the records of my communications with Network Solutions to Envato Market to inform them of this development.

I hope this is an honest error, I hope you are not trying to compromise the security of the sites that use your code. I hope we are wrong about your intent and that this is a simple error yet I can’t take that chance.

Shufflehound

How it is possible that no other users have reported such large issues if we have many active theme users? As well as our theme users we also use our theme on many WordPress installations and haven’t got any similar issues. If possible we would also like to inspect what the hosting company told us regarding to this situation.

About version 5 the largest change that we did is to migrate away from the Unyson Framework, which ended its development some time ago and started causing multiple issues due to stopped development – that we couldn’t fix from the theme.
    For that reason, we invested a large amount of time and resources in migrating our theme away to the Redux framework and replaced the Unyson page builder with the WPBakery page builder. It is possible that maybe something could be related to still using Unyson Framework (though we haven’t seen such large issues), which occasionally causes some headaches and we are being blamed for that.

If you still have our theme installed and using Unyson Framework, we have even created a tool (under Jevelin > Framework Upgrade) on how to migrate options from Unyson Framework to Redux Framework. The only issue is that if you have content on the Unyson page builder, it needs to be recreated in the WPBakery page builder. Though we have recreated all the demo contents in the WPBakery page builder and most of our elements also work the same in the WPBakery page builder as in the Unyson page builder.

For the users who use both the Redux framework and the WPBakery page builder, the theme currently works the best. And at least for us, it seems that we did the best we could regarding the Unyson framework situation.

Shufflehound

When doing further investigation, it seems more likely that this kind of issue could happen due to the hosting provider.

We have found many bad reviews about the Network Solutions brand (more than we should), and our suspect would be the hosting company as again we haven’t seen any similar reports from other theme users.

Source:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)