Incorrect text on breadcrumb links

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Incorrect text on breadcrumb links

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Incorrect text on breadcrumb links

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My articles show the text on my home page header, “Recession-proof your income,” as part of the breadcrumb link in bog posts. Something is wrong. It should say Home on the blog post, image number 2 – see screenshots attached.  Also, how do I turn the header picture off on page 2? The purple banner should only show on page 1. Lastly, your support team told me the FOUC, touch of unstyled text on website load, is as a result of not using a caching plugin. This is not true. Your support team updated my theme, and then the FOUC started. It was working perfectly before that. How do I get rid of the 3-5 second of instyled text which shows primarily on Google and IE when the website loads? It’s creating a poor user experience. It didn’t do this before the theme was updated.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @14728833,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

Could you please share the page URL from your site where it is happening so that I can troubleshoot it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Participant

Please see the login info you need to fix the (1) FOUC, (2) breadcrumb link, and (3) logo problem below. Three problems, all need correcting with this ticket.

The following must be corrected with this ticket: Problem 1.a (see screenshots above sent with ticket original):  “My articles show the text on my home page header, “Recession-proof your income,” as part of the breadcrumb link in bog posts. Something is wrong. It should say Home on the blog post, image number 2 – see screenshots attached. Problem 1.b  How do I turn the header picture off on page 2? The purple banner should only show on page 1. Problem 2. Your support team told me the FOUC, flash of unstyled text, on website load, is as a result of not using a caching plugin. This is not true. Your support team updated my theme, and then the FOUC started. It was working perfectly before that. How do I get rid of the 3-5 seconds of instyled text which shows primarily on Google and IE when the website loads? It’s creating a poor user experience.  It didn’t do this before the theme was updated.” Problem 3. I installed the W3 Total cache plugin, and now there are several logos on my site. Two white logos (light), instead of one on the Home page, and three black logos on a blog post page, i.e., the black logo appears three times. P.S even with the W3 Total cache plugin, the FOUC is still there.

Problem 1.a (see screenshots above sent with ticket original):  “My articles show the text on my home page header, “Recession-proof your income,” as part of the breadcrumb link in bog posts. Something is wrong. It should say Home on the blog post, image number 2 – see screenshots attached

This is happening because you have set the title in the theme titlebar settings as shown in the attached screenshots.

Problem 1.b  How do I turn the header picture off on page 2? The purple banner should only show on page 1.

You can remove the header banner image on page 2 by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Jevelin -> Theme Settings -> Custom CSS/JS -> CSS Code

.home.paged .sh-titlebar {
        background: none;
    }

Problem 2. Your support team told me the FOUC, flash of unstyled text, on website load, is as a result of not using a caching plugin. This is not true. Your support team updated my theme, and then the FOUC started. It was working perfectly before that. How do I get rid of the 3-5 seconds of instyled text which shows primarily on Google and IE when the website loads? It’s creating a poor user experience.  It didn’t do this before the theme was updated.”

Could you please share the topic URL where you had a conversation with the support team on this topic?

Problem 3. I installed the W3 Total cache plugin, and now there are several logos on my site. Two white logos (light), instead of one on the Home page, and three black logos on a blog post page, i.e., the black logo appears three times. P.S even with the W3 Total cache plugin, the FOUC is still there.

I don’t see the logo issues on your website.

Is it resolved now?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Participant

Problem 1.a: I didn’t change this. Your support team changed this. I want the text where it says, “Recession-poof your income” on the Home page (main top image) to remain this way. I want the breadcrumb link on each blog post to say Home. This is how it was before your support team fiddled with it. If I change Home Title in the customizer to Home, it changes it on the main home page image too, which looks ridiculous. I don’t want this. I want it the way it was. Please fix it. The breadcrumb link must say Home, and the big H1 text on the Home page must say “Recession-proof your income”.

Problem 1:b: Won’t this css turn off the header image on page 1 too? I only want the header to be turned off on page 2, as I said above. But why must I add additional css to do this? It never had a header image on page 2 until your support team fiddled with the theme. You ask them to fix something and then something else breaks.

Problem 2: Here is where they told me to use a cache plugin to address the flash of unstyled text: https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/text-flickers-from-one-font-to-another-when-page-loads/

The last cache plugin I used crashed my site. And why must I suddenly use a cache plugin when there was no problem (FOUC) before the theme was updated? Please fix the flash of unstyled text when the site loads. This can’t be seen in Firefox, but it’s eye-catching in Chrome and IE. I’ve asked for this to be fixed now at least three times. This is the fourth time.

Please log in and fix problems so that they are finally fixed. See details below to log in.

Problem 1.a: I didn’t change this. Your support team changed this. I want the text where it says, “Recession-poof your income” on the Home page (main top image) to remain this way. I want the breadcrumb link on each blog post to say Home. This is how it was before your support team fiddled with it. If I change Home Title in the customizer to Home, it changes it on the main home page image too, which looks ridiculous. I don’t want this. I want it the way it was. Please fix it. The breadcrumb link must say Home, and the big H1 text on the Home page must say “Recession-proof your income”.

It is not possible to use this setup.

Could you please share the topic URL where the support person changed this?

Problem 1:b: Won’t this css turn off the header image on page 1 too? I only want the header to be turned off on page 2, as I said above. But why must I add additional css to do this? It never had a header image on page 2 until your support team fiddled with the theme. You ask them to fix something and then something else breaks.

It will only hide the image on page 2.

Problem 2: Here is where they told me to use a cache plugin to address the flash of unstyled text: https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/text-flickers-from-one-font-to-another-when-page-loads/

The last cache plugin I used crashed my site. And why must I suddenly use a cache plugin when there was no problem (FOUC) before the theme was updated? Please fix the flash of unstyled text when the site loads. This can’t be seen in Firefox, but it’s eye-catching in Chrome and IE. I’ve asked for this to be fixed now at least three times. This is the fourth time.

Please reply on the same support topic where this issue was initially addressed.

Participant

Problem 1.a: Your answer: “It is not possible to use this setup.”  Please be advised, and I thought I made myself clear, that it was set up this way since I bought the theme. And if you look at the demo on Jevelin, it is set up the way mine was before your support team fiddled with the header. I specifically said I don’t want it to say Home, “If I change Home Title in the customizer to Home, it changes it on the main home page image too, which looks ridiculous. I don’t want this.”

But if I browse to my site, it says Home! *Do you not listen?* 

Problem 2: Stop passing the buck on the FOUC, flash of unstyled content, issue. I’ve asked now 6 times on different tickets for this to be fixed. I’m getting tired of asking for one thing to be done, then something else breaks. There are no names on your tickets, so no one takes responsibility. I reply on a ticket and another support person answers it. Not my problem. Fix it.

When I review your theme on my other blog, I will advise people not to buy it. I’ve had endless problems with Jevelin and support for basic things! I’m tired of this now.

Fix the Flash of unstyled text problem and I will remove the header entirely because you guys are unable to do your job. And I will post my complaint with screenshots on HelloPeter, asking over and over again, to fix a problem and it was just ignored.

In each of your replies, you are just referring to that it was working fine until the support person changed it but when I see all of your below-existing topics then I see that you have yourself asked the support person to change it.

https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/users/14728833/topics/

Especially in your below topics.

https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/blue-turtle-image-wont-go-away/#post-73711

https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/site-name-incorrect/#post-77088

In the below topic the support person has told you that this is happening because of the changes made on your website as per your requirements but you didn’t reply on that topic and instead created multiple topics that confused the things.

https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/site-name-incorrect/#post-77088

The answer is simple If you don’t like the new changes then revert the changes and use the old way.

Please advise If you can’t revert the changes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)