Jevelin Copyright Footer section formatting broken....

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Jevelin Copyright Footer section formatting broken….

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Jevelin Copyright Footer section formatting broken….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • ftahumour
    Participant

Hello,

I have recently spotted what seems to be a change in the copyright section layout, presumably due to new features being introduced through Theme updates, however, now I appear to have almost Zero control over the layout of the Copyright section, despite several attempts to apply CSS fixes.

Previously, I had a simple HTML formatted text layout deployed which was working fine on Desktop and Mobile devices (e.g. the formatting was the same for all screens) for over 2 years! The text formatting that was utilised is demonstrated through an HTML validator tool in the attached Screenshot-1.

My Footer Settings are shown in Screenshot-2 and Screenshot-3. Running on Jevelin v5.4.

Now I face the following Issues:

1.) Desktop layout – The text is no longer centred and is no longer separated across lines (line/paragraph breaks) for different paragraphs. Additionally, annoying social icons are being inserted in the section with no control over them, I have successfully removed the FB icon with CSS on the desktop layout only! See Screenshot-4.

2.) Mobile – The text is centred, however, line/paragraph breaks are not working. Additionally, the annoying FB social icon is being rendered in all different responsive layouts. See Screenshot-5

Why is HTML not being honoured in the Copyright section? Why are the Social icons enforced, despite selecting the Style1 option in the Theme settings which makes no reference to Social icons being in use, like the other two options state in brackets?

It seems that this feature has become a bit of a mess, it’s a simple section of the website but an important one. Why do I have almost zero control over the layout of this section now?

Please help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

It is most likely due to HTML security features that remove non-editor related HTML code.

Any ideas on which was your previous theme version? That would help us to understand the changes between these versions.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

ftahumour
    Participant

Hello,

I’m not sure what you mean by that statement. The code I submitted was made in the built-in editor box. Once any formatting is added the tags are automatically inserted and viewable in the HTML tab of the editor. I simply copied and pasted from there.

For the record, the same formatting/code was in use for over 2 years as it was functional across all platforms when originally configured. The only change that is made is to manually uplift the calendar year value in the copyright statement in that section every year (as the theme does not support more advanced code that can be used to automatically do this, as the Avada theme supports for example).

Anyway, this issue has been present for more than 6 months. I just haven’t had time to look at it/report it until now. I’m not sure which theme version made the change but if I was to guess I would say it is more than 2 theme versions ago, likely towards June 2022 or earlier. Sorry I can not be more accurate. Perhaps you can look back to when the social icons were added to that section even when Option 1 has been selected, as these were not present previously and now appear to be enforced with no option to remove them without CSS hacks.

Regards

George

Shufflehound

We created a new beta version, which might fix this issue for you below:

Please login to access this file

Please test it and let us know if that works! 🙂

ftahumour
    Participant

Hello,

thank you for the response.

Before I go ahead with this, can you please confirm if this is a one-time change, e.g. can I roll back to the production theme version if this beta causes other issues following the update?

Also, some explanation of the solution would be welcome.

Kind Regards

George

Shufflehound

Yes, sure you can roll back the previous version if needed. There are no real differences between beta and production other than this version is not yet tested by theme users.

We made some changes on our end and the copyright formatting should work better with this update.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Shufflehound.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)