Unyson vs Redux

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Unyson vs Redux

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Unyson vs Redux

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • jkloptosky
    Participant

Hi,

I understand Unyson has become outdated and the preferred framework to upgrade to is Redux. Before heading down that path, I was hoping to get a sense of what’s impacted if I make that change. Is it strictly a behind-the-scenes framework thing? Or does it change the user experience for how pages are built (e.g., dragging and dropping layout elements and content elements).

Thanks,

Jon

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Shufflehound

Hi there,

Refux framework mostly controls just the theme and page options that will be very similar after the upgrade.

If you still have the Unyson page builder content, then unfortunately you will need to leave the Unyson plugin active as this will work for the users who don’t use it anymore and instead uses the WPBakery page builder plugin.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

jkloptosky
    Participant

Thanks.

For clarity, you mean that following the upgrade to Redux, the existing pages which are Unyson will remain Unyson. I’ll have to continue to keep the Unyson plugin in place to maintain those pages. And for new pages I should be using WPBakery instead (using Frontend editor which gives me access to the layout and content elements). Do I understand that correctly?

Is there a way to convert pages from Unyson to WPBakery, or would I need to redo each page manually?

Shufflehound

Yes, you understood it correctly.

Unfortunately, there is no way to convert them automatically, only if you have used our demo content importer, then you can import the same demo again with WPBakery-optimized content.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)