Upgrading to Redux

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Upgrading to Redux

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Upgrading to Redux

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • dereksieb
    Participant

Hello,

I’m interested in upgrading from Unyson to Redux. However, my entire site was built with Unyson. What happened to Unyson? Why are you recommending people move their site and build pages with WPbakery?

Trying to understand this.. Is WPbakery part of Redux? If we move to Redux framework, do we have to use WPbakery to build pages?

Also my Jevelin dashboard says “Upgrade extension and Redux Framework features are still in beta stage!” – So I’m wondering… How long will this be in beta stage? Is Redux futureproof? Will you recommend against it in a couple years like Unyson?

Thanks for your help,

Derek

Shufflehound

Hi there,

We can understand that it can be confusing.

So the main issue is that the Unyson plugin development has been ended some time ago (2-3 years ago or more). For that reason it had more and more unfixed bugs, that we couldn’t fix and that forced us to switch to something different with better support. We ended up choosing Redux Framework as the replacement plugin for the Unyson framework. But this framework didn’t have its own page builder, so we switched to Redux + WPBakery page builder combo, that could fully replace Unyson framework (also the they now have most of the Unyson framework theme options and elements).

If at some point you will make a decision to move to the Redux framework, then you will need to rebuild your content to WPBakery page builder and remove Unyson completely. However you can still use Unyson if you don’t have issues with it. We just don’t support it any more as the plugin isn’t maintained anymore.

About the beta stage we will remove information about it, as the tool have been available for a some time now and we just forgot to remove it.

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

dereksieb
    Participant

Thank you for the information. If there are no issues with my Unyson pages, do you still recommend rebuilding the entire site with WPBakery and switching to Redux framework eventually?

How would I go about rebuilding a Unyson page with WPBakery, while keeping it on the same url? My site is already live.

Also I deleted WPBakery a while ago. Will I still be able to reinstall and use it for free?

Shufflehound

Then you can still use it, but just keep in mind that new issues usually happens after new updates like WordPress and server environment.

We would recommend you to clone your website to a new place and rebuild the website there (if you have based your current website on one of our demos, then install it again – it will be built via WPBakery page builder). When the website will be ready, then backup and restore it on your current website.

Yes, of course. You can install WPBakery page builder at any time.

dereksieb
    Participant

Thank you. How do I clone my website to a new place and rebuild the website there? (My current site is custom. Not made with a demo.) Then how do I backup and restore it on my current website?

Shufflehound

In some website hostings there is even clone website button that can be used, otherwise you should be able to clone your website with plugins like this one (All-in-One WP Migration or UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin). On their pages and website there should be multiple tutorials on how this process works.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Shufflehound.

dereksieb
    Participant

Thank you. Will all my custom CSS be transferred if I rebuild with Redux? How would I go about that process? I used a lot of custom CSS to build my website.

Also, in the meantime before I rebuild entire site, can I build new pages on my current website with WP Bakery? While keeping my old Unyson pages live?

Shufflehound

You should backup your custom CSS, but it could work as in the frontend there isn’t lot of changes, when moving from Unyson to Redux.

Sure, you can use both page builders at the time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)